Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Marmite!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the point i was making. There is no issue with real ex mil vehicle of any type in my book.

What I said was I was supprised at the amount of civvy vehicles that attended. I was at the back of Kitcheners field and by friday night I was surrounded by for example....Ford Focus, VW Golf I could go on. If these vehicles are used to transport true ex-mil vehicles or even kit to a degree OK. BUT when they are used just as method to get cheap camping and entry I for one dont think its right and not fair on others who have made the effort.

I would be interested in what they filled in on the entry form.

i can explain how it was for me. in the application i filled in " pontiac -95 transport USA pos155 UN markings . emergency & supply veicle". thats it. iwe got a mail from barbara if i could mail a photo so she could see witch category she should put it in. i mailed a photo and she got back to me with a "thank you". the UN car is my daily driver as it is with markings and the wheeling light bar on top. i think that "UN" is the peace part of w&p. what else could there be that is peace. you wrote its a cheep way to get in but i could applicate the para bike instead.. its not the cost because i have to travel 1200km from my home to dunkirk, pay one bridge cost an two ferrys to get there. so 30£ extra dosnt matter.

on the field i stayed in, there was a lot of civi cars, campers without any markings at all but that seems to be okay. as always its all about money. if anyone can make some £ easy alot of people dont like that.

You have made a very good point thankyou. IF your vehicle is infact ex-mil or UN that's fine as I said before.

The point I was making if you read correctly was people simply marking up a vehicle just to get in cheap.

I can tell you what was on my form

Military Vehicle 1944 Ford GPW

Military Vehicle 1944 Dodge WC 51

Support Vehicle Motorhome,or camper (as W&P describe it)

My Motorhome was covered and cammo'd up and I will tell you this whilst other people treat the toilets and shower's like pigstyes I will ALWAYS take my motorhome, along with a genuine ex-miltary vehicle.

You also say you have to travel 1200km...infact you dont have to....you choose to.

Edited by gas 44

I never attended the old show at hop farm, but attended this years new venue, if people are saying the toilets have improved I really dred to think what the old venues toilets was like!

The toilets near our pitch were good, kept clean and stocked with toilet paaper.

Guess it depends in which part where you camped.

I found the toilets near to me excellent. Perhaps it depended on what time of day people visited.

I did speak to a very nice lady who was part of the team cleaning toilets in the permenant buildings near the arena. She did every one every 2 hours and she said that every time it looked as if they hadn't been cleaned for weeks.

Perhaps we are all the guilty parties

You have made a very good point thankyou. IF your vehicle is infact ex-mil or UN that's fine as I said before.

The point I was making if you read correctly was people simply marking up a vehicle just to get in cheap.

I can tell you what was on my form

Military Vehicle 1944 Ford GPW

Military Vehicle 1944 Dodge WC 51

Support Vehicle Motorhome,or camper (as W&P describe it)

My Motorhome was covered and cammo'd up and I will tell you this whilst other people treat the toilets and shower's like pigstyes I will ALWAYS take my motorhome, along with a genuine ex-miltary vehicle.

You also say you have to travel 1200km...infact you dont have to....you choose to.

i didn,t chose bec i had to. w&p moved and my green army tent and all other nessesary items was stored in a container at Paddoc Wood so i had to bring it back to sweden since i didnt had any storage in folkstone area.Bild 192.jpg

Bild 194.jpg

I found the toilets near to me excellent. Perhaps it depended on what time of day people visited.

I did speak to a very nice lady who was part of the team cleaning toilets in the permenant buildings near the arena. She did every one every 2 hours and she said that every time it looked as if they hadn't been cleaned for weeks.

Perhaps we are all the guilty parties

OK lets talk toilets.......please do not include me in the " perhaps we are all the guilty parties" group cos we aint.

This is the problem, there is just not enough of them, simple.

I must admit that they were much better that before,so well done Rex and co. BUT there still needs to be at least double the amount, but we all know thats not going to happen cos good bogs costs lots of money.

I was the top end of kitcheners and there were no toilets up there, so if you were camping and needed relief during the night a long walk was needed. OR much more likely a p** in the hedge.

Re toilet paper, I'm used to French campsites, as the norm there is no paper supplied,its take your own so there is NO paper all over the floor.

BTW can anybody please explain what angle you would need to be at to get sh*t up the walls........I dispare at mankind.

i didn,t chose bec i had to. w&p moved and my green army tent and all other nessesary items was stored in a container at Paddoc Wood so i had to bring it back to sweden since i didnt had any storage in folkstone area.[ATTACH=CONFIG]80932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80933[/ATTACH]

I'm glad you noticed W&P had moved.....correct closer to you and further from us......;)