Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Marmite!!

And the Set-up begins...

Had a great day there catching up with people, Good to see Richard Farrant, Mark Hart, Sean (Protacman), Debbie & the Twickenham Offroaders & a few more..

To those that keep saying the site is too small... you are talking a load of tosh.

Only complaint is it's too hot :-D

A few photos from today..

DSC_4949.JPG

DSC_4950.JPG

DSC_4951.JPG

DSC_4954.JPG

DSC_4957.JPG

DSC_4958.JPG

DSC_4960.JPG

DSC_4961.JPG

DSC_4962.JPG

DSC_4963.JPG

DSC_4964.JPG

DSC_4965.JPG

DSC_4967.JPG

DSC_4968.JPG

DSC_4969.JPG

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Set-up begins...

Had a great day there catching up with people, Good to see Richard Farrant, Mark Hart, Sean (Protacman), Debbie & the Twickenham Offroaders & a few more..

To those that keep saying the site is too small... you are talking a load of tosh.

Only complaint is it's too hot :-D

A few photos from today..

Hi Lee,

Good to catch up earlier. Really looking forward to this one, the site is looking good. Met the mine cab Bedford and a Commer Q4 on the A20 on my way home.

Sat half a mile from the show in my best 'drinking pants' with all of the windows and doors open because of the heat, wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow. Roll on Wednesday morning.

Just got back from 'Location' at the W&P site. Fantastic, is all I can say! Lovely load of space, & all the Team working hard in the Heat! Met up with Rex & some of the guys & had a chat. The weather was superb! & Rex says it's supposed to stay like this for the next two weeks. If it doe,s, you wont get a better show!......I only went to collect a Deact & budgeted for a couple of hours. Ended up making some new Friends & staying all afternoon! Hospitality & atmos was brilliant! This is what this show is REALLY all about! The People who make the show!.......Wonderfull, I hope to deploy myself, on the 13th! :-)

Looking forward to seeing your Cromwell there, a friend of mine was a driver of the horse artillery commanders tank while on his national service so will try to get some pictures to show him. Really can't wait til we come down on Saturday

Don't mention the Cromwell...before you know it I'll be wanting to get on the tank for a spin...:angel:

Probably have a queue from the Comwell, out the booking in gates and back to the M20 if rides were available!! :D:D:D

Edited by ArtistsRifles

So, as usual lots of spaces being claimed who may only arrive on the wednesday when the show begins or even later?

Damn, we have to drive in 4 countrys and cross the channel to HOPE we'll find a place while looking at nearly empty claims as allmost allways.

And we'll arrive this Saturday.

So, as usual lots of spaces being claimed who may only arrive on the wednesday when the show begins or even later?

Damn, we have to drive in 4 countrys and cross the channel to HOPE we'll find a place while looking at nearly empty claims as allmost allways.

And we'll arrive this Saturday.

I agree it is annoying to drive 250 miles to find vast areas roped off and only to get claimed later in the week or

find that it is only half occupied maybe the organisers could come up with a system where by if it is not claimed

or occupied to its potential they do not get to rope off again just a thought

Commander

I totally agree , but we have to remember the organisers have a lot on there plate - especially this year with a new venue and give them all the support we can - by that I mean being flexible and accepting what we are given as far as space is concerned . Personally I think this is the best thing to happen to show for a long time.

In the welcome pack we had sent through it does say if by Wednesday the roped off spaces aren't occupied then the marshals will look at re-allocating the space and I have seen them doing this in the past few years, as it always seems to be the same individuals trying it year after year. If they get the time to do it this year remains to be seen but with the weather being as it is and a lot of people wanting to see how the show copes with a move I think it will get very busy.

I agree it is annoying, we also rope off a area of suitable size as soon as we arrive,

but we give the rest of our group a deadline to be there. (perhaps the exception of one or two that can't go so early)

then we reduce the area before the show.

Same as this year, I will be there this weekend, and have said to the others, if you are not there by Wednesday morning the area will be reduced to what we need.

A few years ago we let someone else come and camp with us, as they were trawling round for a place, it was no bother for us, and made a new friend in the process!

Lets hope they keep on top of it, but as you say they are doing a lot, so give them time

we can all debrief them on the good and bad after.

Its roasting over here, so let's hope the good weather stays for the whole show.

See you all soon! :cool2:

Edit: also today I was speaking to a chap over there, he said when you come to make sure you don't take the first (traders) entrance as its narrower!

go to the second one for exibitors, but it should be well sign posted!

Edited by Amphibi boy

I agree it is annoying, we also rope off a area of suitable size as soon as we arrive,

but we give the rest of our group a deadline to be there. (perhaps the exception of one or two that can't go so early)

then we reduce the area before the show.

Same as this year, I will be there this weekend, and have said to the others, if you are not there by Wednesday morning the area will be reduced to what we need.

A few years ago we let someone else come and camp with us, as they were trawling round for a place, it was no bother for us, and made a new friend in the process!

Nicely put:- And would make the individual feel more secure knowing others could keep an eye on vehicle etc.

Don't do what I did a couple of years ago. Go down in PLENTY of time. rope off my area, set up a CLEAR Pitch Number sign. & set up a brand new 9x9 tent. A Mate was camped 30 feet away & had a clear view of everything. Came back four days later, and some 'Kind Soul'. Had stolen my Tent!!.......It was taken at night, when dark!...>:(