Does anyone own a US 105MM M2A1 Howitzer

Have just bought 15 original photos of them in use in Feb 45 with the 307th FA BN part of the 78 Div. photos taken by a US soldier [ have his name] , he was in the battle for the Schwammanauel Dam. Here is one of the photos of them as part of a battery.

Keith

us art ww2 fieldgun .jpg

Anyone own a US Army 105MM M2A1 Howitzer from ww2.

Keith

I don't have an M2A1, but I have a Canadian C1 (M2A2) which I assembled out of scrapyard parts last year. Still looking for a breech ring, and elevation gear train components if anyone comes across any.

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

And very nice it looks too Rob, I'm sure those bits will turn up at some point . Did you have any joy with the damaged bits I sent you ?

Rob..................rnixartillery.

Thanks for the compliment Rob, it sure looks a lot better than the pile of scrap metal that I started with.

Those parts are on the backburner for now. I have moved on to a couple of other projects, such as this one to tow the C1 to displays. Here I have just installed a cleaned up winch and bumper to the front of the M135. Paint for the rest of the truck will follow this summer.

boysbrake006_zps2c84a512.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if you could post or send me some information about your pics.

My father was in the 307th fa 78 div during ww2.

His name was william ( bill, billy) moore.

His headstone reads

William R Moore

Missouri

PVT BTRY C 307 FA BN 78 DIV

WW2.

He died from brain cancer in Omaha Nebraska on May 5 1969

He is buried at Graceland cemetary in Omaha Nebraska.

It has been tough trying to find info/pics about the 307th fa.

Thanx for your help.

Have just bought 15 original photos of them in use in Feb 45 with the 307th FA BN part of the 78 Div. photos taken by a US soldier [ have his name] , he was in the battle for the Schwammanauel Dam. Here is one of the photos of them as part of a battery.

Keith