leyland daf 8x6 drops info

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think i will fit inside track runners as yet..maybe later on!.. i am going to reverse my ot-90 onto the rack tomorrow and see what the weight distribution is like?

I am going to fit 30-40mm wood deck what ever is cheap and hard wearing!?

I have fitted the angle braces to the neck today and closed up two more rear C channels too.

And if all goes well i may even lift the ot-90 onto the vehicle tomorrow? nail biting stuff !! lol

not needed as 12 tonn cross chains will do a better job.. thus leaving the bed flat for use with my other vehicles

I think for prudence sake I would make the guides drop in to tubes pre welded to the deck thereby making them removeable for other load usages.

R

• 4 weeks later...

NICK the mark 4 was offered with a hand held remote hydraulic operator unit but the MOD did not take it up the former chief instructor on drops at leconfield has just confirmed this He now works for multi-lift and said the ones coming in to service now this option has been adopted by the MOD

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other brake compensator valves on the daf's? (one over the 3rd axle)

I have just changed mine as the old one leaked from the exhaust vent valve, as my daf has just failed its mot due to insufficient braking , i had to tie down the brake compensator due to it not being loaded (haven't got anything heavy enough atm to put on the back) and just wondered if there was something i have missed?

Walley can you help??

is there a type approval spec sheet for the daf drops? as i am filling out the v55 reg form and i dont want to miss out any questions to delay it etc.. its asking for type approval number/category, type, variant, version, HC g/km, CO2, mass in service, particulates g/km, CO g/km, HC g/km, trailer weight and unbraked trailer (kg) ( i think is 750kg) ?.

if any one can help with this please?

NICK the mark 4 was offered with a hand held remote hydraulic operator unit but the MOD did not take it up the former chief instructor on drops at leconfield has just confirmed this He now works for multi-lift and said the ones coming in to service now this option has been adopted by the MOD

Beg to differ there mate. Im ex RCT/RLC and did my DROPS training in Feb 93 prior to our regiments deplyment to Bosnia on Op Grapple 2. As part of the Drops Training we were train on SRTE (Simple Rail Transfer Equipment) and this bit of kit was operated remotely with a control box worn on a strap.

if you trained at leconfield then you would most certainly come across a staff john davis or jd as he was known who for a number of years instructed on drops as well as been a part of the drops trials team with COL PAUL BROOK who is a forum member JD is now working for cargotec the people who make the drops system the iformation on the remote came from

him as to the SRTE A remote is used but not for normal rack operation which l understood to be the question

if you trained at leconfield then you would most certainly come across a staff john davis or jd as he was known who for a number of years instructed on drops as well as been a part of the drops trials team with COL PAUL BROOK who is a forum member JD is now working for cargotec the people who make the drops system the iformation on the remote came from

him as to the SRTE A remote is used but not for normal rack operation which l understood to be the question

I did my training at my unit 27 Regt in Aldershot. You can also operate the multi lift system from the control box behind the cab on the passenger side. Good bit of kit...in the right hands :)

A good friend of mine is a DROPS instructor at Leccy...she's ex 27 Regt!!

Edited by extrogg