gaz 67b now finished

Very nice job, indeed. I know how difficult it is to find parts for these vehicles. They were made from 1942/43 up until 1953 and I think that this 67B is a post war one, going after the type of grille it has.

I had the opportunity to drive one of those Gaz's and it was a hoot to drive. Pretty much like driving a Willys MB/Ford GPW.

Too bad they chose a shiny paint for it. I'm allergic to full fledged restorations where they top it off by putting a really shiny paint job on it. Many claim it's because "it is soooo much easier to clean after driving in the rain"..............

Goran N

thanks guys.

The 67b's were made from 1944 on, and this one was made 23.06.44.so its an early 'B' model..

They drive and handle much better than a willys jeep as the track is wider and longer and the ground clearance is higher too.

Its not actually full gloss finish, rather a semi satin finish, which i had color matched electronically from an original piece of my gaz, the Russians never really used matt finishes until much later on..

Edited by ot-90

• 2 weeks later...
thanks guys.

The 67b's were made from 1943 on, and this one was made 23.06.43.so its an early 'B' model...

Dear friends !

I see real good job with this GAZ-67 ! This particular GAZ is really nice vehicle !

But only one notice - such stamped front grill with 7 vertical holes was introduced on GAZ-67 in serial production from 1948 only ! So, this example is not from 1943...

Earlier vehicles had welded front grill:

gaz67_b_zpsaadd12d0.jpg

MY BAD!! sorry i have just realized i put 1943 instead of 1944..(typo)!

actually the gaz 67b were produced from 1944-50's after they were upgraded from the original 67's which were based on the bantam (not the willys jeep as some think) and the stamped grills and bonnet/hood were from mid 1944 on..

mine has its original vin plate which says 23.6.44 stamped at the base of the chassis plate, and the chassis number fits with its year of manufacture.

The gaz 67b's were upgraded 67's, having a wider track and higher ground clearance etc..and later on an extra fuel tank fitted, as Stalin was not pleased with the pitiful fuel economy and range of the 67's and the fact they ran out of fuel in the field regularly and were promptly shot to **** by 'z Germans'!

• 2 months later...