milweb problem

c101 comando

Question

Does anyone know if e-mails to vendors gets through ? Or is there a routing problem ?

I have sent several emails now asking about trailers and although they are marked sent I have had no replys.

I spose they could be too busy to respond but all of them ? Surly not ??

11 answers to this question

I can't say for certain with Milweb - but sometimes (not always) emails sent via websites like that appear in your own email 'sent items'. If you check in there it should give you the email address to which they were sent. If so, then you should get a delivery failure message if it doesn't reach the recipient.

Edited by N.O.S.

Why not just copy and paste the sellers email address straight in to your normal email page and send them that way.

Richard, as far as I am aware & is the case for me, when you click on a sellers email on Milweb it automatically opens your default email program, it doesn't get sent via Milweb..

Richard, as far as I am aware & is the case for me, when you click on a sellers email on Milweb it automatically opens your default email program, it doesn't get sent via Milweb..

Agreed - it just gives you a "mailto: "

Andy

Yes Lee, I agree with that, but on my pc, I do not use that default email program, but use the one on my server (BT in my case). I suspect this is what Commando is doing. I know they do not go through Milweb.

There is a standard for internet over carrier pigeon, for those locations where broadband isn't available.

RFC 1149 : A Standard for the Transmission of IP Datagrams on Avian Carriers (1 April 1990)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

That's an 1 April joke.

But in South Africa a pigeon could carry 4GB over 60 miles faster than the internet - really!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8248056.stm