'Top Secret' D-Day orders emerge - 69 years after they should have been destroyed

ferrettkitt

wow great news when me and my wife went to normandy a few years ago there was an old gentleman sat on his own in a resturant having a meal. we got talking to him and he told us a great story about d day and how he was there early hours on d day sweeping the channel clear of mines on a minesweeper . he got quite upset saying that they never got mentioned. at the end of the night i payed his bill and supplied him with beer my wife gave him a big hug . he was very emotional and sayed i thought people didnt care anymore ,i proved him wrong he was a great guy to meet .;)

wow great news when me and my wife went to normandy a few years ago there was an old gentleman sat on his own in a resturant having a meal. we got talking to him and he told us a great story about d day and how he was there early hours on d day sweeping the channel clear of mines on a minesweeper . he got quite upset saying that they never got mentioned. at the end of the night i payed his bill and supplied him with beer my wife gave him a big hug . he was very emotional and sayed i thought people didnt care anymore ,i proved him wrong he was a great guy to meet .;)

Well done for doing that

After seeing this item I dug out a folder I bought years ago, which came with a battle jerkin (what I was interested in)

The previous owner was a Major Peter Chance, the Brigade Major for the 27th Armd Brigade at the time of D-Day and the papers he kept were various orders issued for the D-Day landings (file copy #63)

I'll attach some interesting pages , after a couple of hours scanning approx 64 pages.

Andrew B

Peter Chance 001.jpg

Peter Chance 005.jpg

File0017.jpg

File0024.jpg

File0035.jpg

File0038.jpg

File0043.jpg

File0060.jpg