just another question.

.303fan

how does the vcr act work?

If i am a member of lets say IMPS, can i buy a life like blank fire pistol? and how different is it to lets say a blank fire machine pistol?

i have seen something on millweb i want for display purpose, but in a safe arena also fire.

thanks,

Arjan

IMPS and MVT are not Historical re-enactment groups under the VCR.If you have a blank firing device, that does not get covered by VCR regardless of shape. If you want a de-ac that is not covered by VCR, if you want a plastic toy cap gun that looks realistic! Then it either has to be couloured like a phycotic chamelion or you have to be exempted VCR! So carve it out of wood? No, that is covered by VCR. Get an air weapon? There are a lot of copies of WW2 guns that are air guns! And you DON'T need a VCR exemption. Don't feel happy spreading lead about the countryside? So get a nice little airsoft BB gun! You can use enviromentally clay pellets that melt away and won't kill the local wildlife! Guess what? You can get one that is the chamelon offshoot and shoot at things like bus drivers, but if it is properly coloured, VCR! If you can work out the point of the whole *** mess. Run for Parliment!

i got shooting rights, so i might end up with a shotgun and my .22 as hunting guns.

i just love the sten gun, and from before the vcr act i bought my girlfriend a airsoft machine gun full metal exterior and metal gears/internals in black.

if it was a gas gun it would be ok, as sten gun etc, and as far as i understand it, i can put that under a bus drivers nose too if i so intended.

i just dont understand the technical side of some laws, my english is just not up to date enough.

if it can be held on a license, i might get it sorted when i apply for the hunting rifles.

thanks.

Arjan

VCR bill applies to anything that can be described as a realistic imitation firearm, whether its a carved wooden film prop, blank firer, deact or children's toy. Trust me I had to do a lot of investigating on this for work.

HOWEVER the loopholes in the act are so numerous it looks like a string vest. You are exempt from the neon glowstick paint if you are member of a reenactment group or an airsoft group or similar. But there is no register or governing body for such groups and i myself have started or helped to start a number of them- including one in which i am the sole member.

If you have public liability insurance and can prove to the police you have a good reason for owning a blank firing weapon it should be enough. I've never had any problems, never been asked to see any form of membership to any groups- the deact certificate or allowing the nice policeman with the real gun to check it's a blank firer has usually been enough.

Yes BUT the 'Group' must have 3rd party liability insurance. The Spoertsman's Assocation, which campains for shooters and all countryside pursuits rights gives you 3rd party as part of the membership and does specifically cover military or histroic re-eanctment.

Don't worry about not understanding the English law, those of us that live here don't understand half of it! :-D

Dont you mean most of the people who make the bloody laws dont understand them!!!!

Yes BUT the 'Group' must have 3rd party liability insurance. The Spoertsman's Assocation, which campains for shooters and all countryside pursuits rights gives you 3rd party as part of the membership and does specifically cover military or histroic re-eanctment.

Yes, I forgot to point out the PLI- one of those things that seem so obvious to you that you tend to overlook it. A couple of the groups I'm in have their own PLI, but for everything else I have my individual cover.

So in short, as long as you have PLI you should be fine for the purposes of he VCR. For the retailers however it can be a little different.