Wild Blue Yonder!

M5Clive

Nice Pics Steve

In fact 9th Troop Carrier Command C-47 aircrew and groundcrew is something that we like the idea of doing, because you only need 5 aircrew in stead of 9 or 10 for a Heavy Bomber crew.

Phil Royal, very kindly sent me some photo's he took at Duxford last year. Here's a couple of

crackers of the USN contingent in summer pattern flight clothing.

width=640 height=423http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/DSC_1017-1.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=423http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/DSC_1026.jpg[/img]

Dave Tuthall, pictured right with me on Thorpe Abbotts Control Tower is another member of Wild Blue Yonder and is the man responsible for the Bolero Swing Dance on Saturday June 30th, after the Dromes convoy has returned from Hardwick.

width=640 height=480http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/Uniforms004.jpg[/img]

A lovely 'end of the day' shot of another of my neighbour's warbirds spoilt only but the grinning officer in Class-A uniform. This was Maurice Hammond's (owner of the warbird collection) 25th Wedding Anniversary party last summer and we were dressed for his Big Band 40's Dance.

width=640 height=480http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/IMG_0058.jpg[/img]

Would you believe, as the weather was nice on Saturday, we went to Felixstowe for the afternoon. Spoke to Maurice yesterday on the phone and he said "Flew over your house twice on Saturday afternoon, first in the Harvard then took your TV aerial off with the Mustang - Couldn't see anyone home!!"

Would you bloody believe it :-( :-( :-(

Clive - looking good there!

What is Blue Yonder doing the last weekend in July? Got something that you guys would love - it has nothing to do at all with Upottery or a C -47 or a :whistle:..............

In previous years, I have always been away on holiday as we generally have two weeks away after War & Fleece in July. I can't speak for any of the others of course.

What have you in mind - Whatever it is, I'm sure it would be a good day out!

Cds

In previous years, I have always been away on holiday as we generally have two weeks away after War & Fleece in July. I can't speak for any of the others of course.

What have you in mind - Whatever it is, I'm sure it would be a good day out!

Cds

Lightweight.

Not me who is organising it but it is going to be something rather specail - not saying that this is going to happen but a C-47 may just be landing at Upottery :whistle: also not saying that it could be the one that was the last C-47 to take off on D-Day - I am not saying that.

As I am also not saying that a very special B - something may also be there along with Vets.

I am not saying any of the above.

Lightweight?

If Jack is taking a Lightweight, then I'm not going :-o :-o :-o

Its bad enough having one on the front cover of the recent Windscreen Magazine ;-)

Cds

Now Now Clive nothing wrong with a Lightweight on the cover of windscreen, got to keep us Post War guys happy :-D

Ex-Lightweight Owner :whistle:

Yeah its not often that the building in the background of the covershot is more interesting than the MV itsself :evil: :computerterror:

As the vehicle mentioned was actually previosly owned (proudly) by a forum member, i feel he may be hurt by those comments and hope you a re prepared for his wrath :shake:

Ashley

As the vehicle mentioned was actually previosly owned (proudly) by a forum member, i feel he may be hurt by those comments and hope you a re prepared for his wrath :shake:

Ashley

.....this is going to be interesting :angel: :computerterror:

:whistle:

....I might be able to protect you Bodge, let me see what I can do. :angel:

I reckon the WW2 guys will stick by yourside.

I must say though, that the brick work of the arch is very nice :whistle: