Forthcoming books - Military Harleys

zoomer

Hi all,

I have been asked if I can put together some decent pix for some new books in the pipeline from Ian Allen. I'll no doubt be sticking new posts up from time to time about it as there are a number of irons in the fire, the first of which is Military Harleys - preferably WW2 but post-war also.

This first book is fairly well progressed already, and they are looking to get a few colour pix to finish it off. So if you've got a Harley and dont mind me taking a few snaps - with and without you in it! :-D - then please get in touch. I'll of course sort out CDs of the pix, and I've been promised there'll be a few copies of the book to pass about.

Like Snapper and the CMV pinkie request, I'm based down south and so cant travel the length and breadth of the country to do this (especially as time is relatively short on this first one) but will do my best if anyone is able to help.

A heads up for the next books - Land Rovers, WW2 armoured cars, Red Ball GMCs and WW2 german softskins and halftracks are planned. Again if anyone can help out it would be great. Bit more time for these, so can try to get together at Beltring, etc.

I've contributed to a book once before using mostly show pix, which was all very nice but this seems like a good opportunity to do a good job - for everyones benefit.

PM me or stick a post on here if you can help, or by all means point me in the right direction to someone who can!

Thanks and my fingers are crossed for some positive respose... :thankyou:

Cheers,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have made some great contacts on the Harley adventure, so thanks to those who've helped - although must say most contacts were provided thru re-enactor forums rather than vehicle Owners on HMVF! Maybe 'HMVF members have bigger equipment' ... now theres a catchline for you!!

I'll bug you again sometime soon on the other ideas - all of which are for bigger machinery! Maybe we can kill a number of birds with one stone at Beltring...

Cheers,

Phil

This forum hasn't really taken off with the motorcyclists has it ?

To be honest, although I have an interest in military history and a fascination with most old military vehicles, I consider myself more a motorcyclist than an MVer.

Harleys are a bit of a special case as well, even olive green ones. Dare I say, flashy, showy and glamorous, precisely the qualities which attract so many re-enactors to the well known American units :evil: