Any experience with P.A. Blanchard & Co?

WCMatt

Does anyone on here have any experience in dealing with P.A. Blanchard & Co? Good?......Bad?... I have no personal experience with them myself & was wondering if they were a good company to deal with. Thanks.

Regards,

Matt

I have very good experiences with them. They sold a vehicle for me and supplied parts for another one.

They went out of their way to help me.

They ship quickly and are experts on Land Rovers. They have many in stock including a fair amount of Wolf 90's.

Recommended.

Daniel

I've always had good experiences with Blanchard's. Quick, efficient, knowledgeable.

My ambulances came through there, as well as any military landrover related gear.

New parts and reclaimed parts both of good quality and fair value. Some things aren't bargains but they're certainly on the money value wise.

Alec.

On the expensive side for bits but then again they have parts that are often in the 'hard to get hold of' category. I bought my S3 109 ambulance from them 5 years ago and have bought many parts since and have had no worries with them - I find them easy to deal with. Parts are delivered speedily and are usually a masterpiece or wrapping!!

Duncan.

very helpful and honourable in their dealings

I agree there was an item missed from my order. When I told them they sent it by Special Delivery & refused to accept any payment for it. How a firm responds to a problem is always an acid test for quality. So well done PAB.

But another major dealer was not so impressive. By a web search they were the only stockist of an item I was after. It showed up as in stock on line. I ordered it on the phone immediately. I was told it would be despatched that day. After a week nothing came & no contact from them. When I rang I was told they have been out of stock for some months & didn't know when more would turn up. So I won't bother with them again.

Guys

Thank you for all of the replies and so many positive experiences to boot! I posted this question as I'm marshaling my funds to buy a D110 and they (P.A. Blanchard) were one of the companies I was thinking of dealing with. I did make an inquiry about D110s to them & they were quick to respond & have experience in exporting vehicles to the USA. Largest item I've imported from the UK to date has been a few sets of DPMs & a set of P58 webgear.

I know Witham's also sells LRs but the impression I got from them was "come over here, look through the lot & pick one out then we'll discuss price". They weren't rude, but I got the impression that they deal with a lot of tire kickers who may get in the way of larger business deals. If that makes any sence?

I also posted this same question over on the "LandRover Owners International" site in their "Military" section and have received zero replies.... 'Guess all the cool LR guys are over on this site? :cool2:

Matt

Guys........

'Guess all the cool LR guys are over on this site? :cool2:

Matt

Yep! Blanchards are a very good company to deal with and I will echo what others have written. They have a sister company that deals with parts called 'LR Series'.......... I believe the son or other family member runs that site.

Both have extensive LR knowledge and parts access.

I have bought many older and rarer items from them for my 1964 Series 2a FFR 24v 88" with the older 40amp system :D