Newly restored 1916 WD Albion A10 in the UK

Rlangham

Superb restoration and photos.

Lets hope there are WW1 events up at Beamish in the next few years.

The stage could not be better!

Tom

There are several a year already courtesy of the Durham Pals living history group although we haven't had a WW1 motor vehicle there yet - if you fancy coming let me know and i'll put you in touch with the head of the group;

http://durhampals.org.uk/

15th/16th June

17th/18th August

19th/20th October

There are several a year already courtesy of the Durham Pals living history group although we haven't had a WW1 motor vehicle there yet - if you fancy coming let me know and i'll put you in touch with the head of the group;

http://durhampals.org.uk/

15th/16th June

17th/18th August

19th/20th October

Thanks for the invite,

Will Try to get up one weekend if the weather looks fine, rear wheel brakes and all that means in the wet- its just about 100 miles each way so 3 hrs on the road, somewhat less than the 274 miles one way to Stowe Maries which took most of a day!

TOM

Richard. Do you happen to know of any similar pictures of Leyland class ST or T? A Leyland chassis in my possession has a front axle of similar design to the Albion A10. We think the design was very "unusual" for Leyland. It is very puzzling. Robert

• 5 weeks later...

If you would like to view Mark's Albion very soon, then I'm thrilled to announce that it will be coming to our show Wartime in the Vale, Evesham on the 22 & 23 of June & we intend to pair it up with 'The Garrisons' First World War 18pdr gun, so I think that will be another great photo opportunity.

Loved that B&W pic at Beamish.

• 1 month later...
Marks superb ww1 Albion truck, will also be attending the Yorkshire Wartime Experience show 5-7th July. www.ywe-event.info where it will be in attendance with another rare ww1 era truck & know less than 8 ww1 re-enactment groups.

Stu

Albion.jpg

Glorious weather, the Albion looking superb attended Saturday, unfortunately missed it as I was there with the Crossley on Sunday .

Tom