Newly restored 1916 WD Albion A10 in the UK

Rlangham

Was very pleasantly surprised to come across this photo of a newly restored Albion A10 on it's first outing since restoration, it was at Beamish at the weekend - yet another reason to kick myself for not going!

Vintage Transporters

Does anyone have any more information on it, owner etc?

That looks great. Another one on the road. I would like to know the chassis number. Mine is 361A and was laid down on 5th December 1915 for completion and delivery in February 1916. The Radiator on this one is of the late 1916 early 1917 design. I notice that, like mine, it is also missing the front towing hooks. Anyone got any they don't have a use for?

Regards Rick.

Proud owner of Albion A10 No. 361A.

There are 2 more photos ot this Albion in that Beamish Report. The chassis number is 1551G which would certainly make it a late 1916 or later truck. The Albion Club archives will have the build card on microfiche. It is well worth contacting them and requesting a copy. I went there and saw that they had the build sheets for all the A10's.

Regards Rick

8651992139_9545c80e37_k.jpg

8653089666_c9c6f7d154_k.jpg

There are 2 more photos ot this Albion in that Beamish Report. The chassis number is 1551G which would certainly make it a late 1916 or later truck. The Albion Club archives will have the build card on microfiche. It is well worth contacting them and requesting a copy. I went there and saw that they had the build sheets for all the A10's.

Regards Rick

What a beauty.

How many A10's are there out there?

In WD spec, I know of three - Rick's, the one on this thread, and one with an X Ray body on the back, captured from the British and in a museum in Istanbul. Civilian wise there seem to be a few in the UK, there was a 1919 one at Beamish the same weekend as a Pratts Motor Spirit delivery vehicle

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't it be great to get these two together.

Chassis No. 361A

Rick

Hi Rick,

We could invite Mark to bring his Albion over to Corowa next year, for Year of the World War One Vehicle, not leaving out Tim and family with their Dennis. ;)

Actually I hope someone over here comes up with an event to cover these WW1 trucks. There are a number around now. Perhaps a special theme at W&P Revival.

cheers, Richard