• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two theory's,

1. A portable armoured Field latrine shield :-D

2. A sort of sand or snow channel for putting under wheels when ya get stuck ?

1. Has someone been peeping? :-D

2. Plausible but it isn't.

It's a the huge radio / radar antenna receiver mounted mid way up the mast, used in the 70's or thereabouts (although I'm not terribly confident it is!) - Jerry

Jerry you are right it isn't. I think you are assuming that maybe there is resonance associated with the length of sections of it & in a vague sort of way there is some truth to that.

Funnily enough you are right this was built in the 1970s :-D But has been built & used before & after. I have several of these from 1950s-80s.

A titanium plate cooler heat exchanger section plate (as used in modern marine engines, modern equivalent of tube stack coolers). It isn't is this either is it? Jerry

Afraid not Jerry, actually titanium would have been totally unsuitable for this particular item.

These self adhesive bullet proof panels where/are covertly worn by US lawmen/Deputies inside their tunics, giving rise to the 'My badge saved me from a bullet with my name on it!' myth

Bernard I think you have been watching too much Channel 5 or wild west fantasies are getting the better of you.:-D

Radar reflecting panel? That fits size shape and 'Resconace' I'm guessing it may be a decoy panel.

Good thinking Tony & I'm glad to see you are following up clues. I know what you are thinking "Window" & that sort of thing. But this I suppose is much lower in frequency if one thinks of it in those terms.