German Staff car

Bob Grundy

I was asked the other day by a film company if I knew where they could obtain a Germam Mercedes staff car. This for 'Rommel' to be convayed in as he inspects the Atlantic Wall. The chances of finding a genuine vehicle are small but I recall a replica one advertised on E-bay a couple of years ago.

Does anyone know more ?

There is no intent to profit by this, only that I said I would help.

You see these subjects come up on the forum and start thinking of things past.....

Some ten years ago I was invited to a private showing of a car collection in Dorking Surrey, in one of the garages there was a shiney black drop head german staff car with the engine out. I chatted with the collections engineer, he said that he had advised against buying "the bl**dy thing" in the first place and had had his head under the bonnet ever since it arrived. I have Googled all sorts of searches and found nothing about the collection.

surely a person of your standing in the community bob should have a fleet of said staff cars, tell jeeves to get one from the garage.:D

Now what on earth do I reply to this ?

I am still working out how to reply to our Colonial Jeep owning young fellow, I can of course go down two routes but will stick to one for the sake of diplomatic relations.

Now what on earth do I reply to this ?

I am still working out how to reply to our Colonial Jeep owning young fellow, I can of course go down two routes but will stick to one for the sake of diplomatic relations.

Bob

I think what he means is that to us young whippersnappers (long time since i called myself that!), you are something of a legend in this fine hobby of ours, and therefore it would be only natural for you to have access to whatever mv you wanted ! ;)

Cheers

Timbo