3HW oil tank decal

agmerlin

Hi Marnic.

For this installation I simply bought a large copper elbow from a plumbers merchant, swaged up one end and got my mate to solder in the threaded part cut from a carb bell mouth. However I am having some elbows cast from an original. I'll let you know if they work out OK. Ron

3HW 082.jpg

Hi Marnic.

For this installation I simply bought a large copper elbow from a plumbers merchant, swaged up one end and got my mate to solder in the threaded part cut from a carb bell mouth. However I am having some elbows cast from an original. I'll let you know if they work out OK. Ron

I think the confusion regarding gold / white transfers is the simple fact that in many wartime non-colour images gold can look "white".........I've only ever found gold on original Triumph oil tanks in the past.......

Put me down for one of those Vokes elbows Ron, when they eventually turn up........:D

Will do Steve. I'm having a small batch of ten cast. Then have to sort out the tube and machining. Originally the tube is also die cast I believe, but I'm hoping my tube guy can create the correct shape. I understand that a Dutch guy has had some made, but his are one piece instead of three pieces and are set up for M20's. If it works ok I'll get some more made.

Ron

Thanks Ron ! No rush - definite order from me !:-D

Ps - hope all's well with you. Looking forward to catching up later this year and really looking forward to Goodwood in September !! Should be fun. Mrs M has assured me she will try her hardest not to wind you up too much with her planned regular costume changes.......although she may occasionally need the assistance of the official holder of the Royal garter of assistance......lol :red:

• 2 months later...
You can buy the period gold transfer from http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/pages/gallery/triumph-7127-75x7mm-pound1.751992.php?p=50 for less than £2. Number 7127. VMCC also have a transfer scheme which is good....but their website is crap. Ron

Hi Ron,

do you know where I can get a set of the rubber hoses that go between the oil tank and the timing cover?

cheers

andy

Try Ace Classics. If nothing else, I'm sure they have the ferrules. Then just get some 5/16" hose and make them up. Best to find the 5/16" and not the 8mm equivalent.

Ron

Thanks Ron, will give them a try!

Ordered up a set of cable from JJ cables last week. I mentioned that you had put me onto them and they charged me double:-D not really! It was quite funny though coz they mentioned that had done some stuff for you recently. Really helpful people, so thanks for the tip!

Andy