Bedford MWD restoration

Nuther few hours spent on the bulkhead its nearly there :nut:

100_3879.jpg

offering up the new bulkhead panel.

100_3880.jpg

measure twice cut and fold once hopefully :D.

100_3882.jpg

nearly there

100_3883.jpg

bit more fettling though I noticed that this bulkhead looks like it was put together in a hurry

Its been a one step forward two back today :undecided: I had noticed that the bushes and pins for the springs were worn beyond which is good so started today replacing them all :wow: should have done it when I was sorting the springs but there you go you live and learn :D

100_3885.jpg

More progress was made on the chassis by fitting the radiator brckts and have started to fettle the radiator.

100_3887.jpg

100_3888.jpg

It looks pretty good but will take it to Hereford radiators to get it checked over.

Back from Malvern sale today with a new dizzy cap and rotor for the 28hp it turns out I have an early dizzy fitted Type DU6A which is different to the standard one. Moved on the last of the Chevy spares thanks James and picked up a pair of wings and a better rocker cover thanks to Paul :-D plus new lucas horn, grease nipples and my old mate Wayne called by to drop off the elusive Bedford spanner and some Champ gearbox circlips all in all a good day, not much in the way of bargains on the stalls but caught up with a lot of friends and enjoyed the sale.

My old mate Wayne called by to drop off the elusive Bedford spanner and some Champ gearbox circlips all in all a good day

You make a 'Fine' brew matey, Great to see you and the spanner had to be yours with the MW in the stable.

Glad the clips were of use! See you and Mrs T soon :D

Happy days :banana::rotfl::banana:these little beauties arrived in todays post after making the patterns and sorting the casting its nice to see the end result has turned out so well mainly thanks to  hard work on the fettling and machining can't wait to fit them to the truck soon :-D

100_3906.jpg

It'll be a shame to paint them

100_3909.jpg

100_3907.jpg

Also had good news on the radiator as its sorted and is waiting to be picked up :-D

Edited by rampant rivet

Happy days :banana::rotfl::banana:these little beauties arrived in todays post after making the patterns and sorting the casting its nice to see the end result has turned out so well mainly thanks to Rippos hard work on the fettling and machining can't wait to fit them to the truck soon :-D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89251[/ATTACH]

It'll be a shame to paint them

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89252[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89253[/ATTACH]

Also had good news on the radiator as its sorted and is waiting to be picked up :-D

Who's a happy bunny then ??? :cool2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much happening at the mo as work has got busy which is a good thing for me but not for progress on the MW :undecided:, heres a couple of pics of the spare window frames I have for a later MW cab.

100_3955.jpg

100_3956.jpg

100_3957.jpg

They are a bit scabby but may be of use to someone, all the wingnuts are loose :D

Started to sort the cab floor timbers today

100_3969.jpg

Think these are a tad too far gone :cool2:

100_3972.jpg

But are ideal for patterns I think, and the method of construction can be seen, the only measurement I'm not sure of is the rear cross member as I only have one end, I think I have it at 58 1/2" but will need to confirm

100_3971.jpg

I hadn't realised that the outside members taper in width front to back until I had good look at them, the devil is in the detail so they say.

Yes :nut: I enjoyed working out how it goes together today and will get my pet joiner to run out the timber this week , not sure what type of timber to use yet as the original looks like bog standard European redwood.

100_3967.jpg

Am looking for a fuel cap to match this one for my passenger side tank if anyone has one going spare.

Edited by rampant rivet

not sure what type of timber to use yet as the original looks like bog standard European redwood.

Given the level of your work and the longevity of the rebuild. Would it not be more practical to use a hardwood such as oak, or do you suspect a pale hardwood may be more appropriate like a redwood / softwood.

It only seems correct that your vehicle is given the best, especially after your rebuilding of the air filter Jezza. :D

It's scary what you can find on eBay though and probably Amazon :nut:.

I am however disappointed about the lack of Pig items, but I guess that will add to their future exclusivity???? :shocked:

Rubbed down the chassis yesterday ready for final coat of paint but have to be careful as a pair of Robins have built a nest on some shelving next to the truck so am concentrating on the woodwork for the cab floor for the time being till the squatters move out :D

100_3995.jpg

Tucked in behind the hub spanner are my new friends :D lucking I don't need anything under their nest.