Calling all USA Ferret owners

joeferret

From Manchester, Iowa USA

I bought hull# 1434 5 58 about a year ago. So far we have it narrowed down to 00CA82. It is a Ferret MK 2/4 and right now is in pieces. Been tearing it down and cleaning as I go. Need carburetor gaskets and membranes(diaphragms).

Good luck in your quest.

Just learned of a MK1 for sale in Wisconsin just north of Illinois border...www.shopmilitarystuff.com

That appears to be another Canadian Mk.I (US style turn signals on fenders).

As for tires, I've read of a few folks over on ferret-heaven using the standard 9:00X16 NDT (bar grip) tires on their scout cars without problems. There have been several threads over on that site about it.

Matt

That appears to be another Canadian Mk.I (US style turn signals on fenders).

As for tires, I've read of a few folks over on ferret-heaven using the standard 9:00X16 NDT (bar grip) tires on their scout cars without problems. There have been several threads over on that site about it.

Matt

Hi, Ihave 7.5x16 NDT fitted to my morris PU on brit rims and they are giving no problems. Got that size as 9x13 were just not around.Picture 114 (600 x 450).jpg

slight side bar here guys, as per my previous post my truck should be on 9x13 rubber, tyres are now available in a sand tread (not for road use as they are agricultural but good for rolling round show grounds) Inner tubes are another matter.

I spotted on a US Site that 9x13 white walls were available for vintage cars, do any of you guys know if tubes are available? (the site had no info) Tubes would need to be straight stem short suckers on the valve.

Any info gratefully recieved.

Regards

Tim

slight side bar here guys, as per my previous post my truck should be on 9x13 rubber, tyres are now available in a sand tread (not for road use as they are agricultural but good for rolling round show grounds) Inner tubes are another matter.

I spotted on a US Site that 9x13 white walls were available for vintage cars, do any of you guys know if tubes are available? (the site had no info) Tubes would need to be straight stem short suckers on the valve.

Any info gratefully recieved.

Regards

Tim

Check with Coker tires and powerkingtires.com they both make military/vintage tires and have tubes and flaps..Good luck and please post back........

I am currently waiting on a call from Power king tires about the 900-16 fitting my Ferret...As others have state here it should not be a problem IF a real experienced tire man is doing the mounting...

speaking from experience tire fitters will love it when tasked with changing four/five tires on a ferret!!!!!:cool2:
Yeah,that's what I hear..The tires i'm looking at are about $200.00 each U.S. ...plus tubes and flap protectors on mine.......My wallet may run from me when I get the bill!!!!!!!!!!! IF a heavy tire truck comes to the vehicle in the U.S. it is $95.00 per hour to and from the shop...Plus $95.00 an hour while working on the tires....We already took off the rims/tires and I will take them to the shop.......I plan on keeping my ferret...I am really enjoying it with all the history and all...Then the great people I have met on this forum........

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...