canvas water bucket

nz2

I have recent purchased this canvas water bucket in good condition.

Carries the broad arrow mark and a date of 1918. This will be used as decoration to go with or on the 1916 Leyland.

Did these canvas buckets come in different sizes? Their is an image in the emergency services folder showing gear associated with a fire pump, the bucket appears to be about twice the size.

Were these canvas buckets used by all sections of the forces. ie Is it correct to be used with a RFC vehicle?

Doug

canvas bucketalt eml  March 2013 038.jpg

canvas bucket alt eml March 2013 040.jpg

I was aware of the earlier thread and the theme that followed. I was seeking some information on sizes and allocation of use about the different branches. I realize even these comments could be read in the format of the earlier thread.

I have checked again the date is 1918, although the photo shows on a slight angle and it could be seen as a four, which is it not.

I assume the same design was used with the horse mounted forces and therefore could well date back many more years prior to WW1.

Doug