First Video of Challenger 1 MBT in Private Hands

PDonovan

It had to happen that a Challenger 1 would be restored for all to see, pity about the awful music............

Cheers Bob... Sorry about the music Bob.... but the Wurzals.. "I've got a brand new Combine Harvester" didn't seem to fit the bill !!

Cheers Bob... Sorry about the music Bob.... but the Wurzals.. "I've got a brand new Combine Harvester" didn't seem to fit the bill !!

It could have been come by yah now that would have been a good sound track not!

I'm sure Bobs a Slayer fan and would have appreciated that on the sound track :D

Sorry Bob

Maybe a silly question...

I thought the MOD had got rid of loads of thesetanks???

They did but most were gifted to Jordan. Problem with acquiring one of these isthe armour. The MOD will not let one with armour into private hands. It can beremoved of course and built up so the cosmetic covers can be put back but it isexpensive.

Dosent Terry Brooks in Kent own one?

http://www.milweb.net/dealers/trader/terrybrooks/

Specializing in armoured and tracked, I always have a varied selection of vehicles and spares in stock.

Help and advice is always at hand, and I welcome visitors to my Kent warehouse.

As a trained and qualified engineer, I can inspect and negotiate a deal on any vehicle you are considering purchasing-getting you the best deal and quality.

Want to drive a tank? No problem.

I have private roads for you to use, and tanks from Scorpion CVR(T) to Challenger main battle tank!

ah I see, so you can buy one but would have to take off the armour stuff?

Dose this not apply to other AFV that come up for sale???

Chobham armour, now Dorchester armour is still secret. If any vehicle is fitted with it it will not be disposed of by the MOD. The Challenger, 1 and 2, gate guardians have had the armour removed. The armour is still secret after all so it will only be supplied to our allies and not just sold on the open market.

Any non clever armour such as 432 etc is not secret.

• 3 weeks later...