Identify this Vehicle Turret / Copolla ?

Ian L

The G MT13 stock code is one that I recognise from my time as an MT Driver in the early 1980's, as is the NATO code beneath it, so that bit is fairly modern. As for the fitting; the internal padding doesn't ring any bells, so is unlikely to be Bedford RL or MK, but might be Militant or earlier.

Edited by Yorkie370

its off the C8 looking for two for my Quad No5 body

I did wonder if it was C8 buts its different to the one thats fitted on mine, why all the rivet/screw holes ? would it be fitted to the canvus cover or the hood frame ?

I did wonder if it was C8 buts its different to the one thats fitted on mine, why all the rivet/screw holes ? would it be fitted to the canvus cover or the hood frame ?

I have one of these ww2 capolas available, believe it came off a bedford OY?

£50 & can take to Malvern.

Ben

ben hip ring.jpg

Actually its not G MT13 but 6MT13, which is the Domestic Management Code for B & C vehicles covering coach materials, covers etc. It could have been used on more than one vehicle type, if it was unique the DMC would specific for that vehicle type.

6MT13 is a contraction of LV6/MT13 which was the old VAOS (Vocabulary of Army Ordnance Stores) Section.

I have an AEC SPL in front of me & the item could be LV6/MT13/7894 Cover, hip ring I have no way of relating that to the NSN as the NSN itself is obsolete!

Bear in mind that the stencilling on the canvas probably only relates to the cover, the hip ring itself no doubt has its own identity.

Quite right, Clive; it is a 6 rather than G, although in my defence I only made G1098 Storeman. FAMTO was far too advanced for me!

Easy to read it that way, the stencilling is none too wonderful. G1098 stores sounds better than being FATSO :D