Tanks, Trucks & Firepower Show 2013

Hey All

This year is the 4th Tanks, Trucks & Firepower show & promises to be bigger & better than ever. There is already a lot of vehicles booked in but we need re-enactors aswell. There will be dedicated areas for reenactors to set up in including trenches dug out and a woodland war walk section where you can setup a display in the woods. We are hoping to have the Challenger 1 tank running but it will be available for viewing during the show. If you are a reenactor and interested in going contact me at
jamilla@btopenworld.com
and I will be able to help, alternatively you can just book in using the website below. We are open to any requests anyone might have & will do everything we can to accomodate.

There will be a live band on saturday night in the beer tent along with music the other nights, a well stocked bar and various events going on through the day including events in the arena. There is bags of space here so the more the merrier and if anyone wants to do any form of display in the arena please let us know and we will do our best to accomodate.

The shows is in Dunchurch, Rugby on 24th, 25th & 26th August (Bank Holiday).

Website is
http://www.tankstrucksandfirepower.com
Check it out for details and booking in forms, etc

Also don't forget there are spaces for stall holders at reasonable prices.

Thanks

Jamie Rose

Birmingham & West Midlands Area MVT

Edited by usarmychevyc10

Cheers Jamie.

Due to circumstances almost beyond my control I have suffered a severe dereliction of duty and not been pushing this show as I should*. The show this year will be celebrating 45 years of the Military Vehicle Trust. Entry forms are available on line or you can enter on line from the 1st March 2013.

Andrew and the Alvis Fighting Vehicles Society team are getting new CVR(T)'s ready plus an extremely large CVR(T) that by the time of the show will be mobile and making some VERY loud bangs.

Watch this space.

Phil

*I've been working on the classic cars in National Geographics Car SOS series. That was my US Navy jeep cruising round down town Aldridge. I didn't recognise the old bugger driving Tim Shaw around!

• 3 weeks later...

Tanks Trucks and Firepower bookings online is up and running with numbers using the facility growing. It's dead easy to use, well it must be even I can use it!! Just go to Tankstrucksandfirepowershow.com click on exhibitors and that will open up the online booking page. Fill it in press send and thats it. You will get your welcome pack by return. If you click on the old website by mistake it will redirect you. How clever is that?

Don't forget this year we are celebrating 45 years of the MVT. If you are an MVT member you get in for free with a current membership card.

Live entertainment for exhibitors on Saturday night and don't forget our super showers. You can roll in the mud, only there won't be any because it will hot and sunny, and then wash it off and smell lovely!!

Two arenas. One for soft skin vehicles and a huge firepower arena for armoured vehicles.

Bigger, better and louder bangs as we try and lift a bit of Warwickshire into the next county.

Military vehicles of all periods welcome. Lots of camping area.

The show for military enthusiasts run by military enthusiasts right in the centre of the country with easy access from motorways and A roads.

Phil

Looking fwd to it already... Will the wall of death be coming back? It was a truly amazing spectacle... If I remember rightly Mr Penton had threatened to build a rubber tracked, outboard powered mini tank which he reckoned could get up on the vertical - but it was quite late on in the beer tent that this plan was hatched!

Cheers

Timbo

• 2 weeks later...
Looking fwd to it already... Will the wall of death be coming back? It was a truly amazing spectacle... If I remember rightly Mr Penton had threatened to build a rubber tracked, outboard powered mini tank which he reckoned could get up on the vertical - but it was quite late on in the beer tent that this plan was hatched!

Cheers

Timbo

As far as i am aware it won't be with us this year but i'm sure this will be confirmed in due course. Shame as it was great to see it and be a few inches from the bikes.

• 4 months later...

Cant believe it is nearly time for this show again already. Hoping to be driving both Spartan and Saladin (for the first time!). The chally 1 should be out on the field, and there is an M2 bridge thingy and a MAN wrecker coming from the real army...

If you haven't been then check it out, the firepower display is truly fantastic!

See you in the beer tent..

Rich

It will be great :D...

You should pop down - I will be there all weekend and Matt is threatening to bring the 101 down as well..once he has saved enough petrol money for the journey...! And the guy who runs the beer tent does a great selection of beers...

Cheers

Tim

Looking forward to the show, I should be there early Saturday with Drops, Saladin and living van. Hopefully it will be nice to see more than one Saladin on the move, don't seem to see that very often these days, then again I don't get let out too often! Hopefully some sunshine will make the beer taste even better.

Looking forward to the show, I should be there early Saturday with Drops, Saladin and living van. Hopefully it will be nice to see more than one Saladin on the move, don't seem to see that very often these days, then again I don't get let out too often! Hopefully some sunshine will make the beer taste even better.

The Saladin moves just fine, it is stopping it that is the problem! I will be arriving early Friday to change the seals/cylinders and fill and bleed the system - fingers crossed!

See you Sat..

Tim

Well Tanks Trucks & Firepower Show has been and gone. A huge huge thank you to all the exhibitors and stall holders and of course the public for coming along and making it a great show. I know I help organise it (In a small way) but I thought Sunday nights firework display and the live rock band made the show fantastic. Good news is we've booked the rock band for next year and hopefully the fireworks.

Again thank you to everybody who came and a special thank you to Mr Edwin Baker who owns the land plus a big thank you to Andrew and Sally Baker, Mick Browning and Anne Clare from the Alvis Fighting Vehicles Society without them and all the AFVS members including Glenn Parry who every year with his team of Pyrotechnicians tries, and will I'm sure one year, lift a piece of Warwickshire into the next county, it would not happen!!!

WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. BIGGER BETTER LOUDER (That's not just the rock band!) THAN 2013.

Thank you.

Phil.

Birmingham & West Midlands Area MVT.

Phil,

I am with you there. I went along in the 101 thinking I would stay just the Friday night as I had my young daughter with me and knew she would be bored...we ended up staying for the duration, and she loved it!

A lovely chilled event, and everyone was so nice....I did not realise there were so many public there until I looked in the car park!

Like you say, the organised events were fabulous, the beer was cold and the entertainment great (well apart from some of the Karioki :) ).

I will definately be there next year.

Mick

Just got back - shattered!

Never did manage to sort the saladin brakes properly but took the spartan for a few spins including a fantastic high speed blast round the bottom field after hours!

Firepower displays superb but we could probably do with a bit more arena action - plenty of vehicles but not enough drivers!

Fireworks display Sunday night was phenomenal.

Had fun (not) bump starting the stolly this morning due to a duff starter.

If you havent been then put this in the diary for next year - it is turning into a great show.

Timbo