Ferret id plate identification,HELP?

joeferret

Can someone please tell me IF a Ferret has an id plate welded on inner hull by drivers right shoulder how to decipher that id number....Say IF the number is 372 B 54...I know the 54 means it was manufactured in may 1954 but what is the B for? Is the 372 the production number for that year?

Thank you all

Sincerly,

Joe

Ferrets started off with the initial hull number No.1, No 2, No.3 so on so forth. From what you're writing it would seem not to have the alloy plate is missing thats not a hindrance as the early Ferret hull numbers follow in sequence with the British Army registration numbers. Later production Ferrets r not in sequence due to foreign orders for the vehicle. Ask Matt for the British Army reg for that hull number

Ferrets started off with the initial hull number No.1, No 2, No.3 so on so forth. From what you're writing it would seem not to have the alloy plate is missing thats not a hindrance as the early Ferret hull numbers follow in sequence with the British Army registration numbers. Later production Ferrets r not in sequence due to foreign orders for the vehicle. Ask Matt for the British Army reg for that hull number

THANK YOU.I also do searches before i ask questions however if a person doesn't word it just right in searching it won't come back....

I believe this to be Canadian as it has the Canadian front and rear signals and the Canadian metal shelf off the rear of the Ferret to carry jerry cans and such............

Anyone one else???? I certainly appreciate anyones response.....

Thank you,

joe

THANK YOU.I also do searches before i ask questions however if a person doesn't word it just right in searching it won't come back....

I believe this to be Canadian as it has the Canadian front and rear signals and the Canadian metal shelf off the rear of the Ferret to carry jerry cans and such............

Anyone one else???? I certainly appreciate anyones response.....

Thank you,

joe

If its Canadian that should make it a touch more traceable and it would '' seem '' to be in the range for Canadian hull numbers. Use the (contact me button) at the top of the page below to contact Colin. If you're lucky you might find an in-service picture of the vehicle.

http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/ferret.htm

If its Canadian would it have an American intercom?? I'll let someone else answer that

If its Canadian that should make it a touch more traceable and it would '' seem '' to be in the range for Canadian hull numbers. Use the (contact me button) at the top of the page below to contact Colin. If you're lucky you might find an in-service picture of the vehicle.

http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/ferret.htm

If its Canadian would it have an American intercom?? I'll let someone else answer that[/QUOT

I have been in touch with Colin..Outstanding person....Thanks..........It doesn't have any radios or anything pretty well stripped but it runs and drives......I plan on just getting a Clansman and 2 helmets and anything else for that intercom setup....