Early 80s Manufacture DPM Combat Smock Colour Comparisons

wdbikemad

013.jpg Dug-out these two new early 1980s manufactured 1968 pattern DPM combat smocks today.....both are a Size 2 and with the post-77/78 revised fabric and "8415" NSN coding......both made by good old James Smith................

Interesting to view the two cammo patterns and colours here.......both rather light, and both with the "dots" to the pattern that some collectors associate with early-70s DPM...........these are both far later production, illustrating the point that you can't really go by DPM alone to date any 70s-80s garment......:-D

Interesting to view the two cammo patterns and colours here.......both rather light, and both with the "dots" to the pattern that some collectors associate with early-70s DPM...........these are both far later production, illustrating the point that you can't really go by DPM alone to date any 70s-80s garment......:-D

Hope people will take note of this comment as there are WAY too many collectors obsessed with the colour,dots etc of DPM and trying to date or "pattern" it:wow::wow::wow:

I gave up sorting through kit today after nearly 2 hours because my toes and fingers had turned blue......:-( I got to around 38 '68 pattern smocks with still a huge pile of crates and boxes to go............I will now wait for warmer weather before going any further.......:-D

In my defence, this huge stash will be for the benefit of the forthcoming book.........after that, it may well be seriously reduced.........