Halfpenny at War

Smithy

I will put out the reenactors entry form in the next few days. I have passed it on to the folks organising that side to add their contact details.

Please return them to me NOT the airport with an SAE please.

If you e mail me for entry forms I can e mail them back by return, also I can then see what the take up is. All updates will be posted by me on this forum.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Entries are coming in now for the show. Please send them back ASAP please as we are trying to get an idea of how many are coming. I have provisionally booked caterers. Adverts are on MV website calendars. We are going to do a photoshoot nearer the date.

The snow should have cleared by then.

Phil

• 1 month later...

The closing date for the show officially is 10th May but if anybody still wants to come then download from me on hippo1944@hotmail.com and get it back ASAP. I have had a fantastic response. Sorry I haven't got back before to the Forum but I have been trying to organise this show and two others plus writing pieces and promoting the MVT.

Thank you to all those who have entered. I'm sending out passes etc in the next couple of days. There is entertainment on Saturday night for exhibitors only.

Phil

It would appear that at a show last week somebody was going round telling traders and various other folk that Halfpenny Green 40's Weekend has been cancelled. IT IS NOT AND VERY MUCH ALIVE!!

Would somebody tell this knowall to read the various events calendars and they will see it is ON.

If you haven't booked in already e mail me your details and address on hippo1944@hotmail.com and I will post you your passes.

Phil

Noticed your face and an article in the Express & Star this evening Phil :-D

Just wondering as it's an MVT Event do members get in free upon the showing of Membership Card or not? I hope to be across at some point over the weekend regardless.

Scott

Phil

I'm sat here knackered and worn out..............................

Thanks for a great, fantastic weekend. From the traders that came from the NE and Sussex to the entertainment that came from Cornwall cracking do.

Will wade through some photos and get them posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had time to sit down and read through the postings. Super pics and thank you to everybody who came along.

I had a meeting with the Halfpenny Green team on Wednesday 12th June and and they are elated at how the show went and how they enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. The great news is they want to do it again next year. We had a good chat about it and it will run on the same format as this year with post war MV's and WW2. I don't exclude PW vehicles. They have their place. I know I am organising a 40's weekend at Black Country Living Museum but that is being advertised as a 40's Event only.

So next year (2014) the show is on the 24th & 25th May. Same format as this year but we will have a 40's Big Band and Hangar Dance on the Saturday 24th May that is open to the public. MVT members get free entry to the show and a discount to the Big Band. Sorry we can't let you in for free to that but big bands cost 'big bucks'!

We will be using the same caterers ie Devon and Cornwall MVT. I will speak to you soon about that Alan. There will be a pre- 50's aircraft fly in and we are applying to the BBMF for a fly past or what ever. Stall holders and of course re-enactors welcome.

A big thank you to Alastair McKinnon Airport Operations Manager, Tony Rowlands Air Traffic Control Manager and Sue and the Halfpenny Green Air Adventure Scouts who marshalled the public and car park brilliantly.

I must not forget to thank my great mates Craig Bagley, Jamie Rose, Mark Mullarky, Clare Reid and all the guys and gals of the Second City Militia who always pitch in and help and last but not least 'er in doors for allowing me the time to do it all. Thanks kid.

DON'T FORGET MAY 24th & 25th BANK HOLIDAY HALFPENNY GREEN 40'S WEEKEND. (post war welcome.)

Phil P