New old Guy in town

wwiitrucks

Hello

My name is Jeff Jensen, I live in Excelsior,Minnesota,U.S.A.. I have been collecting U.S military vehicles for over 30 years.

I have; 981 Diamond T,M9 rogers trailer,Ward-lafrance series 5, 969 Diamond-T ,M-51 Diamond-T dump,M-62 IHC wrecker.

Two WWII Chevrolet's 1-1/2 ton conventional's and one COE (Its the only complete COE I have seen) , M211, Dodges; 1/2,3/4,1-1/2 Ton, Two M2 halftracks, M29 weasel, trailer's and generator sets.

I am a retired heavy equipment mechanic/operator,Most of my work life was at a dredging company with cranes and backhoes on barges in the summer and on the ice in the winter, I have driven 1000,s of piling,hauled and put in place 1000,s of tons of rip-rap,rock, And dredged 1000's of yards and 1000's of hours welding It makes me tired just thinking about it but I still help out every now and then because it is very hard to find people to do this job these days.

I have my own shop that you will find me there 7 days a week,spring,summer,fall. Winter I shut the door and hang around the wood stove,It is -13 here today with wind chill around -30. I will work on rebuilding engines,starts,generators or what ever I can get down the stairs in the bunker.

I never went to school to learn how to operate or repair all this stuff, My father was a mechanic his whole life and some must have rubbed off on me,He worked for the local power company as head mechanic but on the side owned and operated speed boats at a amusement park that was here in town on the lake, he had 5-7 beautiful Chris-crafts and Hackers. I remember riding then when I was very young,My job was the shift lever. In the mid 60's he bought a marina,

guess who got put to work, pumping gas,caulking,painting,replacing planks,repairing docks. sold the marina in 1974.

So then joined the Navy, Got out in June of 1977. So that's when I went to work for the dredging company and started hauling these old trucks home.

I have been married to my wife Renee for 34 years and have 3 sons all in there 30's.

Jeff Jensen

hello

my name is jeff jensen, i live in excelsior,minnesota,u.s.a.. I have been collecting u.s military vehicles for over 30 years.

I have; 981 diamond t,m9 rogers trailer,ward-lafrance series 5, 969 diamond-t ,m-51 diamond-t dump,m-62 ihc wrecker.

Two wwii chevrolet's 1-1/2 ton conventional's and one coe (its the only complete coe i have seen) , m211, dodges; 1/2,3/4,1-1/2 ton, two m2 halftracks, m29 weasel, trailer's and generator sets.

I am a retired heavy equipment mechanic/operator,most of my work life was at a dredging company with cranes and backhoes on barges in the summer and on the ice in the winter, i have driven 1000,s of piling,hauled and put in place 1000,s of tons of rip-rap,rock, and dredged 1000's of yards and 1000's of hours welding it makes me tired just thinking about it but i still help out every now and then because it is very hard to find people to do this job these days.

I have my own shop that you will find me there 7 days a week,spring,summer,fall. Winter i shut the door and hang around the wood stove,it is -13 here today with wind chill around -30. I will work on rebuilding engines,starts,generators or what ever i can get down the stairs in the bunker.

I never went to school to learn how to operate or repair all this stuff, my father was a mechanic his whole life and some must have rubbed off on me,he worked for the local power company as head mechanic but on the side owned and operated speed boats at a amusement park that was here in town on the lake, he had 5-7 beautiful chris-crafts and hackers. I remember riding then when i was very young,my job was the shift lever. In the mid 60's he bought a marina,

guess who got put to work, pumping gas,caulking,painting,replacing planks,repairing docks. Sold the marina in 1974.

So then joined the navy, got out in june of 1977. So that's when i went to work for the dredging company and started hauling these old trucks home.

I have been married to my wife renee for 34 years and have 3 sons all in there 30's.

Jeff jensen

welcome! Thats a nice solid introduction !

Thanks guys

Here is my Ward lafrance http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?9016-Ward-La-France-Gallery/page10

It is the one pulling the yellow boat, I bought it from my good friend kevin Kronlund about 6 months before we lost him.

Trying to find some pictures of the rest of the fleet, Will post as soon as I can.

Jeff

Thanks guys

Here is my Ward lafrance http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?9016-Ward-La-France-Gallery/page10

It is the one pulling the yellow boat, I bought it from my good friend kevin Kronlund about 6 months before we lost him.

Trying to find some pictures of the rest of the fleet, Will post as soon as I can.

Jeff

Great photographs, thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

No the flat bed is not mine, But the weasel is mine to. These pictures are at least 15 years old, Trucking was very reasonable back then.

I should have bought the US6, It was very clean and the load came from a cool dry climate.

I have more toys ,just can not find the pictures but will post them as soon as I find them.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

welcome along.

I work for Cargill, a name you may be very familiar with (love or hate it). Although I am in the UK, I have had several trips to our offices over there in Hopkins/Excelsior Crossing and Wayzata with a few boat cruises on Lake Minnetonka all of which is only around the corner from you...don't get to travel over very often now though due to cost cutting :(

Mick

Mick

Every one around here knows Cargill, I am retired public works guy, Put down many tons of there salt. Could use a few pounds right now, You can play hockey in my drive way.

I worked many years on that lake, All them piling docks in Wayzta Bay we built, I wonder how many miles I pushed barges around that lake.

I was there from day one on pulling the Minnehaha up and out, Did you get to ride on her ?

If you ever get to come back here stop in, All my trucks and home are in Excelsior.

Here's a few pictures

Scan-130219-0001 - Copy.jpg

Scan-130219-0002.jpg

Scan-130219-0004.jpg