XXX Corps run September 2014

Hi everyone,

I am one of the organisers of the Project70 planned XXX Corps reenactment run planned for September 2014.

A military vehicle owner for 20 years, a Humber scout car, from Guernsey, I have spent all my life being aware of how important "Liberation" and "Freedom" is to a country that has been occupied.

I much prefer to participate in a Liberation event to sitting in a field letting the public admire a vehicle park.

We are recruiting vehicles and crew willing to dress up in British BD to participate in this unique event.

The more pre 1945 British vehicles we can get to come along, the better the event will be. We already have a considerable number of participants being tracked and wheeled vehicles, artillery, bikers and reenactors, but currently we have room for more.

Vehicles will be subsidised with ferry costs and fuel used on the continent being paid for. :-) Exact details will be given out when the budget is completed after which everyone will be asked to commit to the event.

If you are interested in learning more, have a look at the website: http://xxxcorps.wix.com/operation70

Click on the buttons to read the information pages

We are asking for "an expression of interest" now, to do so simply send an email to: project70hq@gmail.com

If you do not register an interest, we cannot guarantee a space or the finance subsidy, as you will not be included in the budget.

Any questions :??? about the tour, just post a reply, or send a private message or email.

Kind regards

Martin Wright

Hi everyone,

I am one of the organisers of the Project70 planned XXX Corps reenactment run planned for September 2014.

A military vehicle owner for 20 years, a Humber scout car, from Guernsey, I have spent all my life being aware of how important "Liberation" and "Freedom" is to a country that has been occupied.

I much prefer to participate in a Liberation event to sitting in a field letting the public admire a vehicle park.

We are recruiting vehicles and crew willing to dress up in British BD to participate in this unique event.

The more pre 1945 British vehicles we can get to come along, the better the event will be. We already have a considerable number of participants being tracked and wheeled vehicles, artillery, bikers and reenactors, but currently we have room for more.

Vehicles will be subsidised with ferry costs and fuel used on the continent being paid for. :-) Exact details will be given out when the budget is completed after which everyone will be asked to commit to the event.

If you are interested in learning more, have a look at the website: http://xxxcorps.wix.com/operation70

Click on the buttons to read the information pages

We are asking for "an expression of interest" now, to do so simply send an email to: project70hq@gmail.com

If you do not register an interest, we cannot guarantee a space or the finance subsidy, as you will not be included in the budget.

Any questions :??? about the tour, just post a reply, or send a private message or email.

Kind regards

Martin Wright

Cannot find any buttons on your website Martin: is this my p/c's fault?

Otherwise, be aware that various Dutch Vehicles Preservation Associations together with Re-enacters and Liberty Organizations under the name of Foundation Operation Market Garden 2014 (OMG2014) are creating a large 10 days event around Market Garden Commemoration that year. The route of Hells Highway from Leopoldsburg to Arnhem will be followed and we expect some 750 trucks and tanks to participate. If you add another 250+ vehicles already being in Arnhem at the time we'll arrive, you cannot expect many participants in the UK................

Unless of course your event takes place on the continent, but in that case I would certainly have contact with us how we can avoid doubling the tracks..............

Towbarlover

Cannot find any buttons on your website Martin: is this my p/c's fault?

Otherwise, be aware that various Dutch Vehicles Preservation Associations together with Re-enacters and Liberty Organizations under the name of Foundation Operation Market Garden 2014 (OMG2014) are creating a large 10 days event around Market Garden Commemoration that year. The route of Hells Highway from Leopoldsburg to Arnhem will be followed and we expect some 750 trucks and tanks to participate. If you add another 250+ vehicles already being in Arnhem at the time we'll arrive, you cannot expect many participants in the UK................

Unless of course your event takes place on the continent, but in that case I would certainly have contact with us how we can avoid doubling the tracks..............

Towbarlover, how do you know that there are 750 vehicles participating , on the site I can only read that the inscriptions will start at the end of this year .

Edited by Marmite!!
quote tags added

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Im sorry, I understand good(?) two projects (?) two groups(?), two XXX.corps(?) two highways(?) etc.

and only one Arnhem.

I want go on this celebration with my cars and living history group as 4th Dorset 43rd Wessex div.,

for me its over 1000km wayto Belgium, and want go as part of the column, do not get two XXX.corps,

History is just one and XXX.corps was also only one ...

Plans are spectacular, but I lack concrete information, itinerary, accommodation, participation in other events, which is a security actions, or what you offer?

I know that five British trucks, some jeeps, motorcycles and staff car, my club,

for such projects mean little, but I would like to know the answers.

thank you

regards

Higgins Tom

As I understand it from the info I have received after registering interest, but of course I may understand wrong. There will be a ‘standard fee’ payable by all individuals whatever their status – vehicle owner, vehicle passenger, on foot infantryman, travelling in a car gang of mates infantry, whatever. As an MV owner you pay your own fuel costs to get to the allotted UK port. The event will pay for your ferry crossing. The event will pay all your fuel costs incurred from the continental port to the start, all fuel on the event and fuel back to the return continental port. The event pays your return ferry fee. You pay all costs to get back home from the UK port. All food on the event is also part of the ‘standard fee’. You buy your own beer if you can find time and a bar J. OK I could have got it wrong but this is my reading of things so far.

• 4 months later...
It does seem to be just me...... Rather odd to not get any replies to my e mails too. Oh well, one less Sherman for the convoy I suppose!

If they didn't want it, you would think they would have had the manners to say so

Let's hope so Adrian - they can't be overrun with Sherman's, especially British ones that might have actually served with XXX Corps!

I have been signed up for this tour since day one, but I hope I am wrong ...but...since the cost of the tour was revealed in Dec. a significant number of people have "gone off the boil " . It seems not everyone is "happy " that one price fits all... ie Motorcyclists can go cheaper off their own back....Inc Jeeps etc.. also it was not made obvious that if you enter a truck you are expected to take foot soldiers in the back , and not everyone wants strangers perhaps in the back of your pride and joy amongst your stuff....to and fro from the docks..

This is planned to be a great event and I would like to think the organiser can refute my remarks and tell us all is well...I have heard nothing since the E-mail of mid December...

I have been signed up for this tour since day one, but I hope I am wrong ...but...since the cost of the tour was revealed in Dec. a significant number of people have "gone off the boil " . It seems not everyone is "happy " that one price fits all... ie Motorcyclists can go cheaper off their own back....Inc Jeeps etc.. also it was not made obvious that if you enter a truck you are expected to take foot soldiers in the back , and not everyone wants strangers perhaps in the back of your pride and joy amongst your stuff....to and fro from the docks..

This is planned to be a great event and I would like to think the organiser can refute my remarks and tell us all is well...I have heard nothing since the E-mail of mid December...

I have not read anything that says you can go on your own without being 'registered' and not paying the set event fee. So I don't see how the m/c guys , or anyone else, can go for cheaper. I cant see why anyone who has followed it from early on could have got the idea that there would be different participation 'fees', it was always billed as 'one price fits all', but it was only December that the fee was decided. Still cant see a cause for grumble as it is 'all in' ferry, food , fuel, camping etc for a price I cant match if I arranged it myself. Only the 'infantry' could grumble as they are subsidising the fuel bill but those I have spoken to about it see it as a top 'one off ' event that compares to ,say, a week at W&P standing around in a field.

I had not heard about having to transport guys to/from the ports, that is new to me. I understood truck owners could opt to transport gear or personnel during the event, but I thought everyone had to make their own way to the start and finish. Buses being put on for 'infantry'. Maybe I didn't get that mail.

We were to late for registration with the XXX Corps but since i'ts a large event there are multiple organisors one of them is called OMG2014 which we will attend for more info see:

http://omg2014.allunited.nl/index.php?page=Home&lang=EN

Actually, the OMG2014 tour is a different event taking place during the same week as the XXX corps.

I do have the same communication problem, having send several emails to Martin with questions but have heard nothing yet. But still looking forward to the event, and hoping i get a reply soon.

I expect they are very busy with preparations :-)

Rgds.

Sjoerd