Pat Ware - Pioneer book - anyone got a copy?!

madrat

Question

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone had a copy of

"Pioneer: The Scammell R100, SV1 & SV2, TRMU20 & TRMU30 in British Army Service"

I believe this publication has a list of the Pioneer chassis numbers, I'm looking for any information on chassis number 5177, I think its possible that this book might list the contract or maybe more information?

I'd just buy a copy but at £150 from Amazon its a bit expensive for me!

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Duncan

15 answers to this question

have u looked on ebay?

I have yes, I've had an automatic search on for a while and they don't seem to come up! A shame its not in print as I think it would be quite a popular book!

Cheers, Duncan

I am fairly sure that I have a copy somewhere (I think I bought it despite being profoundly disappointed by all the errors in his earlier "Quarter Ton" - way too many for any serious work). I will have a look this evening (and probably lock it in the safe in view of its unexpected value).

At this rate the book will soon be worth more than an unrestored Pioneer!

I am fairly sure that I have a copy somewhere (I think I bought it despite being profoundly disappointed by all the errors in his earlier "Quarter Ton" - way too many for any serious work). I will have a look this evening (and probably lock it in the safe in view of its unexpected value).

That would be amazing if you did thanks! I know Pat gets a pretty bad reputation for errors! If you can find anything about chassis 5177 that would be great!

And yes, at the prices being asked its going to be a good investment!

Cheers, Duncan

I have a copy in the house.Will look it out tonight and can photocopy the relivant pages.Is that you been spending again?

That would be outstanding Bryan thanks! Not parted with any cash yet but the money is in the bank and and I've found a TRMU30 that looks promising. Need to go and view and we'll see what happens!

I miss the old Scammell and I'm in a financial position to get another and hang onto it this time! How are you getting on with my old girl?

It's an TRMU30 from contract S1887, 15th December 1942, quantity of 178.

Chassis numbers 5025-5202, H5306569-5306746

HTH

Ed

Hi Ed,

Just noticed your post, that's fantastic! Is that info from the "Pioneer" book? The truck needs registered as the original plate has been lost, its not been re-issued by DVLA so hopefully it might be possible to get it back!

Cheers,

Duncan

p.s. Will drop you some more info via PM

That would be amazing if you did thanks! I know Pat gets a pretty bad reputation for errors! If you can find anything about chassis 5177 that would be great!

And yes, at the prices being asked its going to be a good investment!

Cheers, Duncan

Sorry not to have got back to you, I am still trying to locate my copy. I guess by now you have the info you needed anyway, and I must congratulate you on your new purchase. I was looking at the listing for that one and thinking if only I had the space... money... etc!