Most milage on a Damlier Ferret

joeferret

I would like to know who on the forum has had their Ferret the longest? Have you had it over 20 years of ownership with the one Ferret?

Also Who has the most mileage on without a rebuild? Do you have more than 20,000 miles on and never did a total engine rebuild?

Thanks......

I would take no notice of the indicated mileage on a Ferret. An engine, transmission can be changed without the clock or the clock can have been changed during its 50+ year life. All in all it bears no relationship as to the condition of the vehicle.

I would like to know who on the forum has had their Ferret the longest? Have you had it over 20 years of ownership with the one Ferret?

Also Who has the most mileage on without a rebuild? Do you have more than 20,000 miles on and never did a total engine rebuild?

Thanks......

I've done about 300 miles in about 3 years. Now thats cheap motoring :-)

I bought my Ferret on the 25th March 1994. As at June 2012 I've done 18588 miles. So far it’s had two full strips down restorations. The last around 10 years ago. Apart from maintainace I have done nothing to the engine or gearbox/transferee box. I have rebuilt all the wheel stations twice and bevel boxes once. All the bushes in the suspension were change at the last strip down. To make life easier, I've replaced the useless tubes in the exhaust with some flexi stainless, fitted electronic ignition and electric fuel pump.

Andy

I bought my Ferret on the 25th March 1994. As at June 2012 I've done 18588 miles. So far it’s had two full strips down restorations. The last around 10 years ago. Apart from maintainace I have done nothing to the engine or gearbox/transferee box. I have rebuilt all the wheel stations twice and bevel boxes once. All the bushes in the suspension were change at the last strip down. To make life easier, I've replaced the useless tubes in the exhaust with some flexi stainless, fitted electronic ignition and electric fuel pump.

Andy

AWESOME.....Did you do all or some of the work yourself ???