Damlier Ferret

joeferret

I have been studying the past few months all i can about the Damlier Ferret....I am actively looking to buy a MK 2/3....I have not driven one yet.....I was wondering about the GSP and IF anyone developed left knee problems because of it? I see that upon startup one should depress it in each gear about 10-20 times plus all the other depressing during driving.....I have driven cars & trucks all my life on & off with clutches and know the GSP should not be used as like a clutch...Thank you for any comments....

I would say less knee problems than driving a car with manual box.

GSP generally has a light action (unless you mess the shift up), and far easier to use than a clutch.

Ok,thanks that is what i was looking for....I have driven cars & trucks with the so called heavy duty clutch and it was a chore after a short while.....Also i remember the older motorcycles where a person had to kick start it and sometimes the compression would kick it back into a persons knee...Many a knee where messed up by it.....Thanks again...

The gearboxes in Ferret and Dingos are no extra load to a leg than on a normal manual car, probably even less. But if you get older getting in and out can maybe a bit more difficult. But the fun to drive them will always compensated the strugle of getting in.

Ferret MkI and Dingo are easier to get into.

Peter

http://www.milmarket.org

The gearboxes in Ferret and Dingos are no extra load to a leg than on a normal manual car, probably even less. But if you get older getting in and out can maybe a bit more difficult. But the fun to drive them will always compensated the strugle of getting in.

Ferret MkI and Dingo are easier to get into.

Peter

http://www.milmarket.org

Thanks Peter that's kinda what i thought.....

The gearboxes in Ferret and Dingos are no extra load to a leg than on a normal manual car, probably even less.

True, a Dingo bus bar pedal is quite soft, but a Ferret is a heavier spring and when you get a gear go overcentre, you will know about it. Not an uncommon occurence and needs a bloody good boot to recover. Even worse with a Saracen or Saladin as they are heavier still.

True, a Dingo bus bar pedal is quite soft, but a Ferret is a heavier spring and when you get a gear go overcentre, you will know about it. Not an uncommon occurence and needs a bloody good boot to recover. Even worse with a Saracen or Saladin as they are heavier still.

Richard to get a gear over center is that caused by not pushing down the GSP all the way ?

Richard to get a gear over center is that caused by not pushing down the GSP all the way ?

Sorry Joe, I missed your reply. It can happen due to several reasons, but usually if a band is out of adjustment. It is assumed by a lot of people who know little about how the boxes work, that they self adjust when you pedal up before use. This is not always the case as the adjusting ring trigger lever may not be in range to operate, then you can pedal until the cows come home. Over the last 35+ years I have reset boxes to overcome these faults. It is when a band is worn right out that the trouble starts, and the box has to be overhaulled.

Hope this explains things a bit.

regards, Richard

I think you will find most people here have not progressed from the "Kid" stage :) and long may that last!

I know the feeling but at 18 yoa to be interested in and to have a tank!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome.....I just think that Military vehicle ownership would make a great weekly series for a TV SHOW......

Let's hear from more of you Ferret owners...........

I know the feeling but at 18 yoa to be interested in and to have a tank!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome.....I just think that Military vehicle ownership would make a great weekly series for a TV SHOW......

Let's hear from more of you Ferret owners...........

The missus seems to think that I have had my Ferret for at least nine years maybe ten where's the time gone :shocked: I wanted a Stalwart at eighteenish all from seeing a picture off rows and rows of them in Classic Car Magazine. Didn't have anywhere to put it even if I could have afforded it :(

Better get in there fast, prices are really climbing...here is my old Ferret for sale http://www.sussexsportscars.co.uk/classic_car/1428/daimler_ferret_scout_tank/

I sold on to RickW , who was also astounded at the price.

Mick

WOW big money

Another one here on epay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferret-Armoured-Car-/330863120517?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item4d08fa9085