Overlord 2013

R Cubed

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok just a quick run down of the show from my point of view.

The week before the show opened lots of people running around in the wet weather setting up. A few people were getting concerned about the weekend weather but the forecast kept on getting better and better.

Saturday we all woke to a chilly but bright morning, after a de-briefing everyone knew where and what they were doing. I opened up the public entrance to a hoard of eager customers and they steadily flowed through all day. I realised how much of a chatterbox I have been in here when 3 chaos who I have never seen before knew exactly who I was!!!!!!

Sunday we woke to another blaze of glorious sun shine. The public raced through the gate and it never slowed down all day. I recon we had one of our best days ever. Los of sunburnt people wondering about Sunday evening!!!

Monday well, the public just kept on coming! We had to pack up but I kept an eye on the paying in gate and there always seemed to be a queue.

We are all shattered. The overlord show team have worked their socks off this weekend. The weather was just perfect for the show. I enjoyed meeting up with what seemed like half the members of this forum. Thanks for all turning up and make sure you all book in next year early as its going to be much bigger and much better.

Bring it on

What a great show. First time I've been. Well done to all the organisers

Ditto. What impressed me was that the stalls actually had useful bits for sale, which makes a very nice change.

Andy

Many thanks to all for organising another successful show. I expect clearing up & decommissioning the site will go on for a good few days yet.

This was the only vehicle I took any pictures of, but it was rather tucked away.

Dsc05439s_zpscae8b712.jpg

was a good show and the right weather was duly supplied as ordered. perfect, we had a few problems with our zil, running real rough on way donw blew a hose then the rad, all changed side of road then we did the plugs and oil change at the show...found an 8mm 40mm long bolt in the sump with washer...likely it is a big end bolt. Once we changed the oil we had no oil pressure...how bizzare is that...anyway she drove home, only 40 miles, but suspect the poor oil supply had damaged the air pump and likely the engine is toast...will have to rebuild it. we have a few spares...

but overall a good show, yes we liked the stalls bought a few bits and pieces...was good all round

We had a great show, weather was fantastic and loads of interest from the public. Will post pictures when I have some time to edit things.

The only downside was my Dodge M37 engine going bang bang squeal bang about a mile from the storage. So now need some surgery... :embarrassed:

The event was one of the best yet and the weather could not have been better, the Overlord team worked Their socks off as usual. Our chosen charity this year 'Hounds for Heroes' had a great weekend and thanked all for the generosity. On behalf of the Club (Solent Overlord) I would like to thank all those who made the trip to the show, be it with your MV, trader, concession or through the public entre gate. The show is not over for the team as the show site is being stripped down and all the equipment loaded in to the containers and would you believe it's been raining all day.

Once again thank you to all of you that attended the show, your support is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you all next year

Cheers

Ian201

As the one in the hot seat to take the blame for this year's event I would like to thank my wonderful OVERLORD crew for all their extremely hard work and good humour before, during and after the show.

Thank you to all who attended with vehicles - plenty of stuff I hadn't seen before and would love to see next year plus many old friends who have supported OVERLORD over the years. All very welcome to attend OVERLORD 2014 which is now in the planning stages :)

Thanks also to all our re-enactors for their great displays in the living history field and in the arena. special thanks to Mick Wilson and his team from the 514th for their help in staging the battle, ably supported by the 101st and valiantly opposed by the SBG.

And lastly thanks to our traders - one of whom, in an atypical comment for a trader, admitted to having had a profitable show!

Thanks to you all - we look forward to welcoming you back next year :)

I still can't believe how lucky we were with the weather; I drove to work this morning (fifteen miles away from the show site) in the pouring rain!

Another great event, well done to the commitee

Just a quick note to say thanks again to everyone for all their hardwork in making this years show even better than last year. The show keeps on growing and this is down to the organisers and helpers, they are so helpful and friendly, nothing is a problem, to many shows take the trade and vehicles owners for granted. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to 2014.

PS I thought the Veterans tent was a nice touch with some great photos and information.

PSS Thanks to all those who helped me hook the Howitzer up to the truck.

Thanks again

Great show again well done all who were involved,,We will be back next year if we are allowed,,!!

Rumours of any badness you got up to have yet to reach my ears so for sure you are welcome next year ! :)

Seriously - of course you are welcome, it is the fantastic support from all our exhibitors, traders and re-enactors that makes the show. OVERLORD 2014 is already being planned!

Please feel free to PM me with ideas, criticism (constructive preferred) and comments and we will see what we can get up to in 12 months time. Already it looks that I can get free high speed WiFi around the field so next year's show reports can be made immediately ! :)

Rumours of any badness you got up to have yet to reach my ears so for sure you are welcome next year ! :)

Seriously - of course you are welcome, it is the fantastic support from all our exhibitors, traders and re-enactors that makes the show. OVERLORD 2014 is already being planned!

Please feel free to PM me with ideas, criticism (constructive preferred) and comments and we will see what we can get up to in 12 months time. Already it looks that I can get free high speed WiFi around the field so next year's show reports can be made immediately ! :)

I would like to see more evening fun. Not just a pub and band, good as they were...maybe a dance hall...so people with partners can enjoy the evenings...

I think the driver area needs a big hill in the middle, a do it if you dare type of hill..not too high that if the truck fails it is in danger but steep enough to make the trucks/cars think a bit....it would be the weekend fun and it would be good to see vehicles attempt the hill....it would make the show ground more interesting. just dig a deeper trench, mount all the soil on the exit and bobs your uncle you have a great hole and hill to drive up...

I like the dog shows and things.

What about a tug of war between two vehicles, only for fun, no breaking things...lets see what can pull what...or maybe a heavy load tug....it would be good to see some more pyro work, maybe a striker firing dummy missiles a few feet...or similar

still a great show...could do with a few more big or unusual vehicles though...