Overlord 2013

R Cubed

I will be there with my tents!!!

First show since 2009 - hope I haven't forgotten how to sell :blush::blush::blush::computerrage:

Not sure what pitch I have yet but just look at out for a good looking chap selling WWII tents :) Can't wait!

Well you just make sure you come over to camp cubed at some point. I owe you a pint anyway, so will meet you in the beer tent at some point to :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First show since 2009 - hope I haven't forgotten how to sell :blush::blush::blush::computerrage:

Not sure what pitch I have yet but just look at out for a good looking chap selling WWII tents :) Can't wait!

Not sure about the good looking bit, more like a hairy oath :) It will be good to see you there.

you can buy the beers then

I feel an HMVF meet at Overlord 2013! Both me and the cubed will be busy during the day but in the evening, well you know where we will be!!!

That sounds good - but I don't drink when on business :angel:

Don't forget to book your vehicles in.

forms available here

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/show.htm

Lots of vehicles already booked in as well as stalls. The weather is also booked in for the weekend so bring the sun cream!

The cubemeister is frantically putting the truck back together at this very moment! Forum member and Jimmy apprentice G506 is on his way to lend a hand.

Looking forward to getting back into the show season and catching up with old friends and making new ones :)

See you there :clap::banana::yay::dancinggirls::beer:

Don't forget to book your vehicles in.

forms available here

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/show.htm

The cubemeister is frantically putting the truck back together at this very moment! Forum member and Jimmy apprentice G506 is on his way to lend a hand.

Cheeky! :D

Just a quick update. The show ground plans are all ready to go, things are all coming together brilliantly. We have over over 300 vehicles booked in already. There is no room in the inn for any more traders I'm afraid (sorry Jack :( )

This time next week everything will be in place and we will be raring to go!!!!!!!!!!

See you there :)

Just a quick update. The show ground plans are all ready to go, things are all coming together brilliantly. We have over over 300 vehicles booked in already. There is no room in the inn for any more traders I'm afraid (sorry Jack :( )

This time next week everything will be in place and we will be raring to go!!!!!!!!!!

See you there :)

What you don't know Rose is that I am actually pitching next to you - so I don't want any noisy neighbours or I will be complaining :coffee:

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

What you don't know Rose is that I am actually pitching next to you - so I don't want any noisy neighbours or I will be complaining :coffee:

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

OMG!!!!! Hmmm might have to get the cubed one to stretch out the guy ropes a bit more! And anyway, my dads camping with us so he will look after me!!!!!

Suppose I am looking forward to seeing you though!

It has begun!

A few of us marked the beginning of OVERLORD by our annual drive past the King's Stone in Rowlands Castle that commemorates a visit by George VI on 22/05/1944 to inspect the Canadian troops encamped in the surrounding woods and preparing for D-Day.

Rosie laid a wreath of poppies from the club in remembrance of all those involved in the invasion and liberation of Europe.

For us that simple ceremony means that our show is well and truly GO!

So now less than a week to go! The field marking out was started this afternoon with the first tents (cookhouse, naturally) going up tomorrow, props and show kit arriving Tuesday, road signage going out that evening, vehicles arriving from Wednesday lunchtime, traders, re-enactors ...

It is going to be a busy few days for us but well worth it. And, looking at various sources, the weather will be doing its best to help with some pleasant weather in store for the weekend.

Can I apologise on behalf of the club though? We seem to be victims of our own success so the forty acres that seemed so vast all the way back in 2011 will just about accommodate everyone. So it's time to be friendly with your neighbours :) Whether you are coming as an exhibitor, re-enactor, trader or day visitor we are really excited about being able to welcome you to OVERLORD 2013!

Show site update, the overlord team are doing a great job getting the show ground marked out. The show ground is in remarkable condition given the poor winter. Some of the O/L team are already set up and living on site and exhibitors in the holding area in the car park. All the show equipment / props and so on arrived this morning in the two iso containers.

Digger on site doing its stuff in the re enactors field and the arena on Thursday. Just confirmed MMI are with us for the weekend.

See you there

ian201