Snow or the lack of it in the UK

ferrettkitt

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any body know where I can get a ex military Huskies and sled? ....

In the days of MVS at Litchfield I found 3 stillages full of white skis. Could have been had for next to nothing, but it wasn't until I got home I realised it would have made brilliant picket fencing!

Been snowing here constantly since yesterday evening after 2 weeks of below freezing conditions with a strong wind, just what we wanted for the lambing season! Went with a big 4X4 tractor and trailer to collect 2 tonnes of sheep nuts, drifts up to 8ft deep and road only being kept open by a tracked skid steer Cat working constantly, complete white out in some parts, could feel the tractor hitting drifts bit couldn't see anything. Normally we would go with a 4x4 and trailer and the round trip would take about an hour, today it took nearly 3 hours.

Been snowing here constantly since yesterday evening after 2 weeks of below freezing conditions with a strong wind, just what we wanted for the lambing season! Went with a big 4X4 tractor and trailer to collect 2 tonnes of sheep nuts, drifts up to 8ft deep and road only being kept open by a tracked skid steer Cat working constantly, complete white out in some parts, could feel the tractor hitting drifts bit couldn't see anything. Normally we would go with a 4x4 and trailer and the round trip would take about an hour, today it took nearly 3 hours.

Stay safe mate ! :-)

stopped snowing in sheffield this morning and being clearing footpath and driveway with my snow shovel ! dog owners please pick up your doggie doo doo in the snow because it doesnt melt away when the snow does ! and if i catch you :argh: rant over !

We had -2 degrees with high wind makes it feel like -20 and snow in the south 6 inches suppose to spring who was talking about warming up the earth ?? Worst of all we had a show to day in a hanger with the door wide open so after 6 our selling items you are nearly frozen to the bone.

There is a popular new song "I'm dream of a white Easter"

Plenty of snow in N Ireland, been busy all weekend working with the local authorities rescuing people and snowplows;

IMG_9552_zps4c88e38d.jpg

IMG_9567_zpsea3b3c01.jpg

Abandoned snow clearance equipment

IMG_9569_zpsc74b6204.jpg

Part of the resuce equipment a 4x2!!!!!???? snow plow which got stuck, needed pulled out and wrecked its hydraulics

IMG_9585_zpsb10364f6.jpg

Typical uncleared road, the mog stops when big drifts hit 3-4 feet

IMG_9589_zps465ea3cb.jpg

Found the mog is stopped by 3-4 feet of snow and a 4x4 front loader by 2 but it can dig out a 4 ft drift but looses traction and then needs pulled out by the mog. Great fun!!

:D

j

Been to the Ardennes for a remembrance walk.

On Friday it was lovely but saturday it was cold.

The walk itself was on Sunday with cold, very windy and snow.

I felt like a deepfrozen meal.

It's BRACING!! Even Noah only had to put with forty days of bad weather. If it isn't cold and frozen it's six inches of mud!

Seen on Dutch news a report of a Welsh sheep farmer using a dog to find his sheep beneath the snow.

He found a few and they were alive.

Hard times for a farmer or sheep.

Seen on Dutch news a report of a Welsh sheep farmer using a dog to find his sheep beneath the snow.

He found a few and they were alive.

Hard times for a farmer or sheep.

So far the dog is responsible for finding 63 live sheep. In North Wales thousands of sheep and lambs are missing or dead, the final toll will only be known after the snow finally thaws but at the moment there is little prospect of the weather easing. It is the peak of the lambing season in this area and it is nothing short of a disaster, we are working shifts so that somebody is with the sheep 24 hrs a day but even so lamb losses are high because of the snow and cold but also because of the effect the weather is having on the mothers.

Had to help my mom dig her way into work this morning. This is the road up to where she works, but it was totally impassable by car, I can't remember seeing snow this bad. We've had a number of roads around by us either closed altogether or shut down to just one lane due to snow drifts. Crazy stuff.

BGMjAVbCYAIMqr4.jpg

• 1 month later...