Snow or the lack of it in the UK

ferrettkitt

About an inch or maybe 2 here (Greatstone). Our Newfie loved his walk on the beach this morning, cold winds and snow means he can run a lot longer without overheating.

Perfect wind for kitesurfing as well, not having a Winter wetsuit means I'll just have to watch:embarrassed:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Garage manager asured me Friday 'No more snow'! Going to be very pleased to say the next time to see him, 'WRONG!!!' it's coming down heavy! Number one son is in a real foul mood. All this snow and his Land Rover has popped a core plug! I'm really sympathtic!:yawn: (As long as the snow lasts till I have time to get the Dodges out!:cool2:)

Seen at least 2 idiots with snow gloves/chains on the rear wheels of their front wheel drive vehicles.

When I want out to walk the Dog on Friday evening, I saw 2 cars with snow chains, on the correct wheels, but doing 30mph and making quite a racket. I dread to think what damage they were doing to their cars and the road.

According to the Met Office it hasn't been snowing here today so what I'll this white stuff is that we've been working in all day is a mystery. To be honest I've thoroughly enjoyed a good day's work with the sheep as I've been stuck in the house since before Christmas with the dreaded lurgy. It's now freezing hard and everywhere is turning to sheet ice but all the main roads apart from one of the high passes are open and free from snow.

Finally we got some today in Sittingbourne, I was begining to feel left out. Still not very much, less than in Andy Fowlers picture.

I am told we should be grateful, snow is the only thing that settles in the UK and doesn't claim benefits :-D

Actually I work above a "Job Centre". Not quite sure why they call them that as they do not seem to find any for people.

The snow is queued right up to the door, goes for a good few miles.

Mike

It's bit confusing for our animals

At least Molly went out Clive........

Our cat 'Smudge' braved it, but the puppy 'Poppy' said no Freaking way Jose!..........

I wish I had a 4x4 running as we have suffered here up high near the Forest of Dean........

Marevlous isn't it? The airports shut, the trains shut, the schools shut, in London even the tube keeps closing bits! But people expect buses to run a full service on time! :( At least I have a week off starting Thursday so there should be a chance to get photos of the Dodges in the snow.

Marevlous isn't it? The airports shut, the trains shut, the schools shut, in London even the tube keeps closing bits! But people expect buses to run a full service on time! :( At least I have a week off starting Thursday so there should be a chance to get photos of the Dodges in the snow.

I know what you mean Tony, the usual question is "why are you not going onto my estate, I have got to get home!!!" or "why are you late?" never mind that they are standing at a stop with the traffic hardly moving in front of them.

Best one I had was last year, heavy snowfall during day, got to travel private from one end of Stoke on Trent to the other to do a school run, (usually took me 15 mins with no traffic, took me nearly 1 hour) get to the school, Headmaster standing behind a huge pile of snow with a umbrella and his question was "why are you late?"!!!!!!!!!

Mark

I know what you mean Tony, the usual question is "why are you not going onto my estate, I have got to get home!!!" or "why are you late?" never mind that they are standing at a stop with the traffic hardly moving in front of them.

Best one I had was last year, heavy snowfall during day, got to travel private from one end of Stoke on Trent to the other to do a school run, (usually took me 15 mins with no traffic, took me nearly 1 hour) get to the school, Headmaster standing behind a huge pile of snow with a umbrella and his question was "why are you late?"!!!!!!!!!

Mark

What you guys need is one of these - everybody would be happy to stay behind you.

snowbuspicture.jpg

pt better still one of these - who cares just drive over them

PICT0013.jpg

Mike

Well Mike what I had in mind, was one of those Mans used in Where Eagles Dare! :D Did see an Ex Military TD5 110 being used to pull a small spreader, but owner wouldn't trade for the bus! :embarrassed: The one entertainment is the local scrotes jumping out to throw snowballs. One tried it from behind a van, and realised there wasn't room for me to stop! Cor , he moved fast.

Edited by Tony B