my new mv project a bedford mw

hans prijs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you read that corect

Hi Hans,

Do you know more about the last entry on the Ministry of Supply Repair plate? Reason I ask is the "Restore" has the number of a contractor from the long gone Army Auxillary Workshop / MTRS scheme run by Min. of Supply, and also the stamping on the whole plate looks like it was done by the same person. There were blank plates still around in recent years.

regards,

Richard

hello richard

i now not so much about the history of my bedford

i bought it a few monts ago of a mv collector here in the netherlands and he has it standing for many years ,

he bought it and drove a few miles and the engine crashed and he has take out the engine and find a rebuild engine and he has not the time to build it in

and i am now the happy owner to fix al the things on my mv

i am now rebuilding the brakes

pictures come later of the brakes

hello richard i now not so much about the history of my bedford i bought it a few monts ago of a mv collector here in the netherlands and he has it standing for many years , he bought it and drove a few miles and the engine crashed and he has take out the engine and find a rebuild engine and he has not the time to build it in and i am now the happy owner to fix al the things on my mv i am now rebuilding the brakes pictures come later of the brakes

Hi Hans,

Well done, looks like you have got a nice project there. They are a lovely truck and quite fast on the road, considering their age. Look forward to seeing you progress.

Richard

Nice Bedford! Let's chake hands as I bought my bedford MW in Belgium in 2011 (see picture). I'm the one on the right in the picture and I'm living in the region of Maastricht The Netherlands. I wrote a short introduction a few days ago with the same picture. At the moment I'm restoring the back down from the chassis. Maybe we can share our experiences in the next future. My bedford is also late war dated (1945) with an early or earlier GS-body.

Succes with the project fellow!!

transport.jpg

Hello Hans,

If you don't have the answer to the wheel question, I have a 43 MW general service truck and it has the wheels with the 8 bolts holding the two split rims together. You have obviously done this type of restoration before, but the usual warning re split rims applies - don't undo them unless the tyre has been completely deflated!!

I guess you have a manual for her?

Happy to see another MW on the road. Mine cruises along at 35-40 MPH and gets around 15 mpg. She will do 45 but she revs a lot and is very loud!!Poppy Line 2012 (20).jpg