RAF pamphlet on Alvis Fire Crash Tenders

Ex-boy

Hi all,

Clearing out my bookshelf and found a 1968 RAF pamphlet (76 pages, a bit bigger than A5), titled Servicing Hints and Information on Common Defects of Alvis Fire Crash Tenders. Any use to anyone? No money required, just a good home for the publication.

Steve.

Hi Steve

I put my hand up for this if it is still available as my friendhas a Alvis Salamander and it would ofgreat use to us. Send me a PM with cost ofpostage and your address and I will send you SAP

Shane

Hi Shane, I've not done a PM yet, so it may take a while, but as you are first in, it is yours.

Steve.

Steve,

We have a new forum member, Dave, who is currently bringing an Alvis Mk6 (Salamander) up to operational condition and I know he is short on technical information and would appreciate the book. The vehicle is one from Steve Shirley's collection at Scampton, Dave posted on here recently about it.

Hello Richard.

I have promised the book to Shane, as he got in first, but I will scan the pages and put them on a disc first, so once that's done I will get back to you about delivery. To be honest, it is not very technical and may not be much use in a rebuild. It's really only D & M level info, but I'm sure it will be worth looking at.

Will try to get it done before Christmas.

Steve.

Hello Richard.

I have promised the book to Shane, as he got in first, but I will scan the pages and put them on a disc first, so once that's done I will get back to you about delivery. To be honest, it is not very technical and may not be much use in a rebuild. It's really only D & M level info, but I'm sure it will be worth looking at.

Will try to get it done before Christmas.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

That is very kind of you. I will point this thread out to Dave who is doing the work. Not so much a rebuild but a thorough going over after standing for many years. Anything else you might have on the Alvis Mk6 crash tender, I know they would be interested.

Regards Richard

Hi Steve,

That is very kind of you. I will point this thread out to Dave who is doing the work. Not so much a rebuild but a thorough going over after standing for many years. Anything else you might have on the Alvis Mk6 crash tender, I know they would be interested.

Regards Richard

Richard, I've just exchanged PMs with David and will be putting the disc in the post tomorrow (only took an hour to scan). I'm afraid it was a one-off, as most of my few pubs were army, so nothing else like it.

Steve.

Thanks to everyone that has been involved in this thread, Steve in particular who has very kindly offered to send me a CD copy of the pamphlet. It's also great to know that there are still 'items' out there (including other Salamanders) when you consider only about 130 were ever built, and at least 30 of them went outside of the UK.

Thanks to all and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Dave

Hi Shane, I've not done a PM yet, so it may take a while, but as you are first in, it is yours.

Steve.

Hello Shane. I did a PM yesterday but have not had a reply. If you can PM me your address I will get the book in the post before next week.

Steve.

Hi Steve I have tryed to send you PM which you dont seemed to have recived so here is a copy

Hi Steve

Dave has been in touch with me and I see that he has hisSalamander running and the one we have is on the back burner at the moment so Ithink it would be better if you sent him the original and me the copy andthanks again

Shane

Hi Steve I have tryed to send you PM which you dont seemed to have recived so here is a copy

Hi Steve

Dave has been in touch with me and I see that he has hisSalamander running and the one we have is on the back burner at the moment so Ithink it would be better if you sent him the original and me the copy andthanks again

Shane

Hi Shane, I'm not sure if there is a PM problem, but I have just replied to this message on one. Anyway, just to be sure, I will reply here too. I sent the CD to Dave this morning. If you wish, I can burn another CD for you (only pennies in the post) and still send the original booklet to Dave.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Shane

Thats really good of you Shane, thanks very much indeed mate! Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would be very happy to pay for a copy of this document as I am trying to rebuild a couple of these vehicles. Dan W

Hi, I have not looked at this thread for a while, as I thought it was all done and dusted. Having now seen your enquiry I wondered if anyone has been in touch. The original is now in new hands, but I still have the scanned images if that would suffice. The document is only for users and is not very technical, although it lists the Air Pubs for the vehicles so may be of use.

Steve.

Bit of a tangent but Brian Boys up in Lancashire had a number of NOS silencers listed on his website which are described as possibly Salamander. Notoriously difficult to get hold of but might be worth a try.. Trades as Select Military Vehicles and is still on Milweb I think...