The Yorkshire Wartime Experience event 5/7th July 2013

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first day of the Yorkshire Wartime Experience was a great success, with over 300 school children touring the area to learn a more hand on history lesson. The show this year features more than 300 vehicles, many of which are very rare and over 50 re-enactment groups from the First & Second World Wars, as well as the post war period. We hope to see of many of you as possible at the show over the weekend.

Albion_1sml.jpg

breaksml.jpg

grossdeutchlandsml.jpg

hornsml.jpg

lessonsml.jpg

PanzerIII_2sml.jpg

It's a fantastic show, made better with the amazing weather!!! Lots of different vehicles here, loads of re-enactors.

Have met up with Smithy and Vulture so far. Oh and Ken and his amazing team of course!!!

Just had stew and mash, delicious!

Been a brilliant day, the battle was epic!!! Massive bangs, here's a couple of pictures. Will put more on when I get home and have electricity!!!!!

ydyge5yh.jpg

2asymura.jpg

uryme5y3.jpg

ru6ybyny.jpg

Yes, a very good day on Saturday - our thanks to all concerned.

At the end of the last of the day's battles the announcer sounded a bit apologetic saying that next year's show would be better and more vehicles would be present. The apologetic note was not warranted by the day's show though, which was excellent; I certainly did not feel short-changed on my entrance fee.

So, what would we like to see for next year? The more vehicles promised will not be spurned by me of course, no matter how much I enjoyed Saturday's show... It would be grand also to see more vehicles drive round the battlefield - only a small proportion of the vehicles at the show were seen in motion. I appreciate, though, that time and organisational constraints do limit what can be done in a day.

John.

OT810 as SdKfz 251.jpg

Well it's been a most magnificent weekend. Seen some amazing vehicles, excellent battles and met some lovely people. We've been treated like royalty thanks to Ken and his team. The weather has been epic, thanks for organising that!!!!

Well worth the trip up here and look forward to coming again next year, hopefully with our own outfit!!

Right lets get home, so need a bath. Have sweated from parts of my body I didn't even know existed!!!

Just got home and unloaded what a great weekend it was, thanks to Stu and Ken (ken hope u got your HT lead back I sent ) everything spot on super super show think you have the W&P of the north absolutely shattered one minor complaint it's was just too hot Lol

Thanks again guys

Just got home and unloaded what a great weekend it was, thanks to Stu and Ken (ken hope u got your HT lead back I sent ) everything spot on super super show think you have the W&P of the north absolutely shattered one minor complaint it's was just too hot Lol

Thanks again guys

it was soo hot hey?!!! But a great weekend :)

Great show well organised the weather was way to hot for softie here..... great people and a great bunch at the show

Thanks to Matt, Tim and the lads that I camped with and Tim thanks for end bit you know what I mean

I don't think you needed to be a softie to find it too hot!!!

What a fantastic weekend.

This is one brilliant show that is going to go from strength to strength.

Everyone involved obviously gave it 100% effort and it really showed, organisers and re enactors/vehicle owners alike.

Well done guys(and gals)

Roll on next year.

P.S. Was it a bit dry this year ?

I don't think you needed to be a softie to find it too hot!!!

Very true :D

Cracking turnout though and not just from England we met one gent from Germany who had flown in for the weekend now thats commitment.

The only thing I wanted was a massive cooling fan powered by a Griffon to be pointing in our direction. Can't have everything

Very true :D

Cracking turnout though and not just from England we met one gent from Germany who had flown in for the weekend now thats commitment.

The only thing I wanted was a massive cooling fan powered by a Griffon to be pointing in our direction. Can't have everything

It was very busy on the Sunday. The cubed one did suggest I stand behind the Griffon when it was running to try and cool off!!! The chap who ran it was holding on for dear life!!!!!

Must get some more piccys up here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79043[/ATTACH]

This one really deserves a caption lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79044[/ATTACH]

Matts Ferret

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79045[/ATTACH]

My RB44

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79047[/ATTACH]

Will deciding if he should buy a Ferret or a Stalwart