The Yorkshire Wartime Experience event 5/7th July 2013

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he didn't let you have a quick blast lol

Andy

Unfortunately my transportation arrangements precluded me having a play yesterday, but I hope to make up for it next weekend!

See you Saturday morning...

Cheers

Tim

Less than a week, cant wait just a shame the CCKW 352 and 105mm howitzer wont be there, absolutely gutted about that as its the only missing Artillery piece from the guns you have coming..... But next year it will be there...

Roll on next weekend

Not long now!! Directions to the show, for military vehicles owners. Only 2 miles from Jun 26 M62 motorway then follow signs for the A58 Leeds. Past the Hunsworth pub & Premier inn on your left. Through lights second set of lights turn left onto Hunsworth Lane, past the Saville Arms pub on your right over the motorway bridge. 1/4 from the bridge turn left onto lower lane or Gate D down the farm track until you reach the bottom. We'll be waiting for you. POST CODE BD4 6RN Regards stu

Blooming heck Timbo, you are organised !!!!

Not really Rich! I still have to put a new exhaust on the Lightweight, sort the brakes and top up the oils, hoping to get some shed time in the evenings this week! Otherwise I will be spraying the scooby green and black (ex sas y'know ;) ).

Cheers

Tim

Weather looking good Stu.!

Any HMVFers who want to say hello we will be arriving at 9 saturday am, and setting up camp with 101, ferret, rb44, Sabre and lightweight. In attendance will be myself, Toolman and Ferretkitt. Kettle will be on..and we may even have some beer!

Cheers

Timbo

Weather looking good Stu.!

Any HMVFers who want to say hello we will be arriving at 9 saturday am, and setting up camp with 101, ferret, rb44, Sabre and lightweight. In attendance will be myself, Toolman and Ferretkitt. Kettle will be on..and we may even have some beer!

Cheers

Timbo

Hold on Tim, we can't be providing free beer! :-) Plenty of brews on offer though, better get some more milk and tea bags in the kitbag :-)

Great day onsite today. Suns out, with an excellent hot weather forecast. We have 48 military vehicles & nine Re-enactment groups on site so far. Inc 14 Armoured vehicles, which is a great start, to the show. T34, M24 Chaffee, M36 Jackson tank Destroyer and the Abbot tank will be arriving tomorrow. With the bulk of the Re-enactment Groups. Pics to follow. Roll on Tomorrow

regards

stu

I will be bringing Bernadette along after work on Friday. I want to bring a Zil too but the most available one has developed an air leak and I haven't had the time to fix her. My Old man told the other half that it was potentially dangerous so she will not let me drive on an adopted road until I repair the leak. I like Zelda and think she would be good for the show !!!:mad:

We left the south coast at 5pm. M25 was the usual car park!!! Anyway we stopped at Toddington services for refreshments (junct 12 M1) now it's the cubed ones turn to drive Satnag says 150 miles/2:19 hrs to go! Put the wine on ice, I'm coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done rosie take care and dont forget pics :-)

Thanks.

Will try and get lots of piccys for you all :)

Not spotted any MVs yet going this way, guess they're all in place ready and waiting.