30mm Rarden Canon Help please

Fox Bradley

Hi All.

I am planning to make a Dummy 30mm Rarden canon breach it fill the gap in my Fox turret.

Its basicly an Aluminium box with a few cut outs and swithces etc, but I want to make it look the part.

I have a few poor qualitity photos to work from. but what I really need are some good qualitity drawings / photos and the measurements. Also if anyone knows where I might be able to source the Switches and leavers etc that would be handy.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mate i have a few user manuals and pamhplets that show good detail of the rarden, no measurements but a couple of them are shown with the barrel trough and other bits so you could probably do a pretty close estimate...you will have to wait a few days if thats ok though...

Mate i have a few user manuals and pamhplets that show good detail of the rarden, no measurements but a couple of them are shown with the barrel trough and other bits so you could probably do a pretty close estimate...you will have to wait a few days if thats ok though...

Hi Timbo.

Thanks for your reply. I have just got hold of a rarden manual as well. Good drawings but as you say no measurements.

I think I need to get in side a vehicle with the rarden fitted and take a few photos / measurements myself.

thanks again. Bob

• 8 years later...

Having Worked on RARDEN myself in Service. I have to say, that is a VERY Good representation of One!

If it had been me making that. I would fit springs behind the Block for access flap closure. So you could open the access flap. To fit a Gas Firing Simulator in there! Bring the Gun to life! It certainly would get the crowds attention when in the Arena! 😁

Well Done! 

• 2 years later...