War and Peace Revival *New Location*

£1500!!! thats dedication!!

Pauls right Rambo - just have a look at the big vehicles that go. And take an even closer look at the WWII guys - those things cost a fortune to do anything with. No big deal if you have more modern stuff like the 000's of Landies that attend. There are so many hidden costs in these things - wives being amongst that hidden cost....

Edited by Jack

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The premature press release has done more harm than good, I spoke to Jim Baxter (IMPS President) and was informed that no desision would be announced until Tuesday 4th December at 22.00 hrs. The members of the forum who have seen

When the press release was posted on the forum I contacted Rex via email to find out if it was genuine or a hoax, I got a read receipt but no reply. The thread would of been removed if he had requested.

I was also in contact with the member who posted the press release, he assured me the PR came from Georgina, with no restriction. I have since been in contact with a W&P Official who tells me that was not the case & that the PR contained instruction that it should not be distributed,until I here directly from Rex I can not confirm that there were any restrictions on it's distribution. I have been told that they know HMVF are not at fault for the leak & they know where the leak came from.

At no time has anyone from W&P contacted us asking for us to remove the thread, nor has the IMPS Committee member who is a member here raised any concerns.

As for the PR on Tuesday 4th December at 22.00 hrs, it was John Blackman (CMV) that released the full info at about 7am on the 4th on his FB page, it was also in the Kent press by lunchtime on the 4th.

I can't see what harm it has done to W&P? speculation Yes, harm No..

There will be those that winge about the show however good & well run it is. We have some on here that don't even attend & still moan about it every year..

As said before, Good Luck to Rex & his Team

Edited by Marmite!!
typo

Just to clarify my position, I know I said that I wont be attending now as it is further away, but I have attended W&P both as a exihibitor and as a MOP, and enjoyed both experiances, after all, where can you see in the UK rare MVs from both home and abroard?

It is hard breaking from tradition (25years is a tradition), but I say this to Rex and his team GOOD LUCK and heres to next 30 years!!!

It may be that next year fortune and finances change for me and I may enter, thats for the gods to decide!!

TTFN

Mark

Pauls right Rambo - just have a look at the big vehicles that go. And take an even closer look at the WWII guys - those things cost a fortune to do anything with. No big deal if you have more modern stuff like the 000's of Landies that attend. There are so many hidden costs in these things - wives being amongst that hidden cost....

Agree with that 100% jack.

Do you think it's fair that if a group put in that much dedication, time and money that they are then charged to take thier mv's ?

I would imagine there are a few support vehciles to help with a set up like that, and yet support vehciles are charged as well.

Agree with that 100% jack.

Do you think it's fair that if a group put in that much dedication, time and money that they are then charged to take thier mv's ?

I would imagine there are a few support vehciles to help with a set up like that, and yet support vehciles are charged as well.

No one likes paying but if Rex has set a charge for attending the show I don't think he will suddenly scrap it, as said before those that don't want to pay have another option. I suggest anyone else who does not like the way Rex administers the show to contact him directly with your concerns, there's little point in winding each other up on here.

Hiya, Yes Dave looking forward to going to the war and peace show myself. It's going to be a bit of a treck for me from North Wales. A few of my mates from around here go to it every year. They keep telling me to go. So the hols are booked in work. :D Aparently they have moved the show. Do you know where to? I've got another cracking story to tell you about my pond that has just happened recently:blush:

Mallyb

No one likes paying but if Rex has set a charge for attending the show I don't think he will suddenly scrap it, as said before those that don't want to pay have another option. I suggest anyone else who does not like the way Rex administers the show to contact him directly with your concerns, there's little point in winding each other up on here.

Your right lee, and I will say no more on the subject.................................promise!:D

Due to the extra distance some have to cover to get to the new W&P site Rex has had a word with the Chancellor & has got him to scrap the January 3p Fuel Duty rise ;)

You see - you must always turn a bad situation in to good one!!

Now we need to get Reading Beer Festive moved then may be we can get 3p off a pint.

- sorry back on topic.

Does it really make that much of a difference in moving 30 miles or am I missing something here?!

Does it really make that much of a difference in moving 30 miles or am I missing something here?!

Personally I don't think so. I've heard of some people that go to IMPS Headcorn but say they won't go to the new W&P because it's too far.. The new W&P site is just down the road from Headcorn :undecided:

You see - you must always turn a bad situation in to good one!!

Now we need to get Reading Beer Festive moved then may be we can get 3p off a pint.

- sorry back on topic.

For the heavy stuff it can do Jack.. We are at the mercy of the haulage firms - for me the return trip to the old location was £1200. Taking the per mile cost of that and then adding on the extra distance it could push that up to £1800 or higher. Up till now we've been lucky in that Rex has kindly supported our attendance by off-setting some of the cost. With the added burdens of the new show we do not - yet - know if he can continue to do so. If he does all well and good, if not then it is a problem as, after 5+ years unemployment, I might just have been able to scrape up the £1200 to the old location, the extra cost is a bit too much for for me..

If I just take the Stolly under her own power then it adds 1 hour each way to the drive time and £135 extra in fuel over and above what I would have used to get to the old location.

So right now I, for one, am hoping that the support can continue and the haulage firms involved both do not ramp up the price too much for the extra distance AND don't get shafted by the Chancellor in next Aprils budget......

It will be a shame not returning to the Hop Farm. But the show must go on where ever it is. But I for one can't warrant the extra cost and extra slog of taking the Ferret there. I will give next year a miss as well just to see how things pan out. Just go for the day. I regularly do London to Folkstone and it can be tedious in a car let alone an old MV.

But good luck to them hoe ever it turns out.

i only went to beltring 3 times and i loved it, so i'm gutted that it's moved to a new location but i'll definately be going there too. it's just a shame the hop farm owners couldn't get something sorted with rex for next year but it's their loss and besides it was the atmosphere that made W&P not the location.

anyway i'll be going next year so keep your eyes open for a good looking fella driving a cromwell :cool2:

rick