War and Peace Revival *New Location*

Good to see the new location i was disappointed to see the state of the fields we are supposed to camp in a bit agrigcultural some have still got stubble in if it rains its going to be worse than lasts year show ,its early days so hope they get it sorted before the show..

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the official W&P FB Page..

War and Peace (Organisers)

13 hours ago

Wow what an incredible day.. We're exhausted! Thank you so much to everyone for coming, and for your amazing support -it means so much to us all, especially after all the hardwork! There were easily 500 people there, the Press Launch was crammed! Thank you for the wonderful speeches from Amanda Cottrell of Visit Kent, Mark Dance Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economic Development and James Baxter of the Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society. Thanks also to the fabulous Swingtime Sweethearts, our gorgeous poster girl Kitten von Mew (With the lovely Mr von Mew!) the ever entertaining John Miller Orchestra, Amanda French and the lindy hoppers, the glamorous peekaboos and finally the Military Wives Choir - Shorncliffe. Thanks to our incredible team of Officials and andrea murphy from the office for helping out, the girls in the Spitfire tea room, our lovely new team of caterers from both hardings caterers and town and country, Tony from Rightguard Security, and the team who worked long and late getting the site ready including painters and decorators, sign writers, printers, designers, electricians, carpenters, labourers, plumbers, a carpet cleaner, drivers, cleaners and tea makers! And finally to our friends and supporters in the trader, re enactment, living history, modelling, Press, camping and motor vehicle world! Now for a sit down and a *ahem* slimline tonic before we start again on Monday! Ok show me your photos and tell me what you thought!

If you do not have a Military Vehicle yet but have a Classic Car then you can still take part in the W&P Show..

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/leisure/take_your_classic_car_to_war_and_peace_revival_1_2188248

Owners of classic cars from the 1930s to the 1960s are being urged to take part in the War and Peace Revival at Folkestone Racecourse this summer.

Old vehicles will be a central part of the new Home Front Vintage Village display at the event which takes place from July 17 to 21.

Classic cars such as Rolls Royce, Sunbeam, Triumph, Aston Martin, Oldsmobile, MG, Austin, Rover, Buick, Ford, Jaguar, Chevrolet, Morris Minor, Cadillac, Daimler and Bentley are already signed up and will have pride of place in front of the racecourse’s Main Grandstand.

Entry to the show is free to classic car exhibitors visiting for the day, while those wanting to camp onsite with an exclusive evening of entertainment can pay £25 for up to two adults and two children.

For more information on bringing a classic car, or about The War and Peace Revival, email rex@warandpeace.uk.com or call 01304 813337.

My wife and I also went to yesterday's press launch for the War & Peace revival at the old Folkestone racecourse.

I can confirm that the turnout was impressive, with over 500 in attendance. The 250 seat main carvery restaurant was packed to overflowing for the inaugural speeches, which were very good (and agreeably short).

It was good to see so many familliar faces and to chat about latest projects and the 'new venue'. There are so many positive things to say about the site and its facilities that it is certain to be a great (still the best) show for our military vehicle addiction. It was interesting that everyone I spoke to (and there were quite a few) was also very impressed.

It looks to be a huge site (about 150 acres I believe) and you can see it all before you from the main stands.

Rex and his team have gone to a lot of trouble to make the venue 'look the part' with a range of displays and facilities already in place. The support staff were very helpful and answered our questions with knowledge and confidence, meaning that they were well briefed.

On the lighter side...I was not the only fanciful thinker that thought it would be great to bring a horse to such a venue!

Jon

Missed you down there Lee!! Met up with a lot of familiar faces though and had a good time, the bread pud in the cafe was the usual excellent quality!! The new venue looks better every time thanks to all the hard work being put in. For those interested here are a few photos I took which I've tried to marry up to the published map.

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/ArtistsRifles/slideshow/War%20and%20Peace%20Revival%20Show%202013/Open%20Day%20-%20May%2011th

• 3 weeks later...

I see some think it is quite costly to have a day out ,, have you ever been to a theme park? £18.50 for the seouth east i can not see the problem could someone explain. £18.50 for a full day and as we all know its a busy day to try and get round everything in a day. For one it a full Arena day let alone the rest trucks and the effort some of those renactors go too,,is quite outstanding. If i were going to pay i would think i got my moneys worth..

Just to add some more i am taking my Foden at 4mpg with a 434 on the back towing a trailer with a stolly on. 200mile eachway a car and caravan. Plus £50 for the show,,,,,Wish i could pay £18.50

But i choose to do this so its my cost..! £600 odd ?? maybe more im sure not less LOL LOL

The Suffolk Show this week was £20 for adults and an extra £5 to park, my neighbours told me. Much smaller and much less fun than W&P so I will be happy to pay £18.50. I just hope I can get there and back in a day and see everything I want to (my daughter's holiday club opens at 8 and closes at 6 so the extra 30 miles each way is an hour less on site .... )

Iain

Just to add some more i am taking my Foden at 4mpg with a 434 on the back towing a trailer with a stolly on. 200mile eachway a car and caravan. Plus £50 for the show,,,,,Wish i could pay £18.50

But i choose to do this so its my cost..! £600 odd ?? maybe more im sure not less LOL LOL

See you there Dave

Al

A confirmation email arrived today. Confirming that my next assignment has shifted and I will be in the back end of knowhere in Pakistan for the show dates, many phrases come to mind, the least offensive of which is quite probably 'dash it'. Have a nice time everyone and make sure to video / photograph any interesting wartime armour. You never know, I may be fortunate enough to stumble upon a Sherman to bring home.

• 2 weeks later...