snowtracdave

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Found this today though not sure its military or civilian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74503[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74505[/ATTACH]

Could be up for sale ?

Do you have any contact details for the seller/owner?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds about right - didn't notice the towing vehicle as my green radar was focussed on the Trac :angel: You passed me round about Forfar.

Now that the sun is here I need to get back to the garage and get on with my own T-36 - last seen in half a million bits.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After all this doom and gloom about having a bad winter I dug the Snowtrac out today after standing for a couple of years or so the petrol was minging so I drained the tank cleaned the carb out put some fresh fuel in jump pack on and after a few turns up she fired sweet as a nut a bit of smoke and crap at first out of the silencer then she settled down like a goodun now for the bad bits the choke cable is solid any supplier around for a new one and the little bu***er has stopped charging any ideas before I start taking it to pieces finally anyone know of a folding roof for one or is it a case of getting one made myself

Commander

• 4 weeks later...

I found this snow trac about 14 months ago in Utah and I am almost done with the restoration. ST4 #1343. It will be used for fun where I live in Park City, Utah. The body, interior, and tracks were in decent shape when I found it so I got it all painted, a little body work, new engine, transmission, clutch, fuel tanks, etc. All mechanical going in this week and should be ready to go. Before and after pics below. Jake

snow trac inside.JPG

Snow trac.jpg

Snowtrac painted.JPG

Snow trac front.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone

I have just bought a Snowcat and i am in need of some tires ?

Could do we 2 of the large ones and at least 4 of the small ones

I am happy to ship them from where ever they are in the world ?

Also if anyone knows what they where used for before they where used not he Snowcats ? that would be great help TO me to fine some out there if anyone knows ?

I am happy to pay good money to get these tires so i can get this baby up and running so do let me know if you have anything that will be of help thanks so much.

one other thing i have read on here is about putting some expanding foam inside the old tires to give them life again ? can someone let me know more about this as i have worked in the film industry and have worked with expanding foams before and if i know what is used i can look after this aspect myself ?

anyway any help there is out there would be very very welcome

10295792_10154246440975294_6311503764781377259_n.jpg

also is there a owners club or a web site out there that could also be of help ? i have not found anything myself out there

if anyone can help do please contact me at jason.joiner@btinternet.com

thank you all for any help you can give

yours

Jason

jason.joiner@btinternet.com

10259702_10154246441335294_636667567977053369_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...