hello from suffolk

Luke

hi my names Luke Im 27. I've just started my own business working with canvas and p.v.c which I've been working with for 11 years. I've always had an interest in old vehicles and have canvassed a few old military Jeeps and trucks using recycled military tents ive also canvassed old morris's n the likes. I would love an old vehicle to restore but at the moment I'm putting all my efforts into starting my business so for the moment I'm just here to gather info on how to go about restoring an old military vehicle and to offer my services if I can as this is one of the areas of my job I'm most interested in. I also like mountain biking snowboarding and am planning to take up archery because I've always wanted to try that to. so id like to say pleased to meet you and how do you do. :)

hi snort glad to be here already sifting though the great info on here. once I'm up and running smoothly ill be taking on something but for now I don't have the time money or knowledge but hopefully soon enough that should change a bit thanks for the welcome :)

Hi Luke, welcome! Whereabouts in Suffolk are you?

hi Adrian Im near Bury St Edmunds thanks for the welcome :)

Hi, nice to see another youngster about these pages, from Suffolk! ( no offence to the older generation! )

Any good with seat covers ?? :) .

Pete

hello Pete I've actually never made any seat covers I've put covers on pretty much everything else tho so I'm willing to give it a shot maybe we could make a mock up one first out of sum old material and see how it fitted?! also if you have a pattern I could take apart that would make things a whole lot easier :)

thanks for the warm welcome every1 I think I could get used to hanging around here :)

I'm one of many from Felixstowe, got an old boy who does tilts and canvas occasionally locally for me, when the kids trip and fall over guy ropes:mad:. Dont think he is up to doing seats tho, i ve got the original seats in still, but all the stitching has split and gapes when i sit on them.

I'm one of many from Felixstowe, got an old boy who does tilts and canvas occasionally locally for me, when the kids trip and fall over guy ropes:mad:. Dont think he is up to doing seats tho, i ve got the original seats in still, but all the stitching has split and gapes when i sit on them.

well maybe i could come and have a look as its not to far either maybe i can just restitch the seats if you like if the material is still in good nick?!

hi welcome to the forum , ;)

hey private mw :)

Welcome to HMVF, :-D

thanks shane.c

I'm in Suffolk near Mendlesham,I run a classic car restoration business (which also does Military vehicles) and might need some canvas soon too, will give you a pm if the owner hasnt got any already

Will be a pair of canvas doors,cab hood and a tilt

hi Michael I don't stock the canvas yet as I said I'm only just starting out but the vehicles I've worked on usually use recycled military canvas I can get hold of new olive green canvas but my minimun order is 500m and at present this isnt doable for me sorry I do have access to canvas but only basic colours I'm afraid once I'm a bit more established I will be able to buy bulk and keep stock of most colours. hope that helps :)

Welcome Luke !

At some point next year I may need some seat covers and some repairs to a rubberised canvas tilt on my SUMB - I will be in touch ! I do have some scrap material to use if need be

Iain (just South of Ipswich)

Welcome Luke !

At some point next year I may need some seat covers and some repairs to a rubberised canvas tilt on my SUMB - I will be in touch ! I do have some scrap material to use if need be

Iain (just South of Ipswich)

Hi Iain. Fingers crossed I should be sorted by then so I should have plenty of material. :-D