Dugup Bikes in Holland

welbike

Here some pictures of RE Fleas, they both were dugup in the Arnhem/Oosterbeek Area.

First one and most complete one was found in 2007, and is now in the Oosterbeek Airborne museum.

24112007226.jpg

24112007228.jpg

24112007231.jpg

24112007232.jpg

Second one I now own, and parts were found 2 months ago, in 2 different locations.

WP_000744.jpg

Then some time ago 2 Norton 16H's were unearthed, have only a picture of one:

16H_Dugup_01.JPG

16H_Dugup_02.JPG

16H_Dugup_03.jpg

Wheels in same rust colour are needed!

Does this give a new meaning to the term "Rusty but Restorable" ??

Cheers,

Lex

Second one I now own, and parts were found 2 months ago, in 2 different locations.

Does this give a new meaning to the term "Rusty but Restorable" ??

Cheers,

Lex

Is there anything left restorable? I guess if the frame stampings still existed, then the rest is parts :wow:

I would be stoked to have a frame with such history, I could just imagine the before and after shots at a display. Whats is the plan?

Is there anything left restorable? I guess if the frame stampings still existed, then the rest is parts :wow:

I would be stoked to have a frame with such history, I could just imagine the before and after shots at a display. Whats is the plan?

Hi Mike,

No real plan, and not enough to restore! probably just conserve, and maybe attach it to a board for display.

Already have a nice restored Flea, with some history, it was taken by a US 8th Air Force bomber crew, when leaving the UK for home, and they hid it in the B17, after the war one of the crew left it in his Miami FA damp cellar, where it slowly rusted the the rims away, untill I got it, and restored it, even the tyres were dated 1944, and one is still on it!

Flying_Flea_1.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

Here a picture of the dugup Flea that is in the Airborne museum now, in it's dugup dropping cage!

P9170002.JPG

Cheers,

Lex

Yep looks like the soil had a very low resistivity :D... ok I lapsed into boffin speak it was really corrosive.

A shame a serial number hadn't survived though.

Mind you that would start the whole argument again about restoration versus replica.......... :laugh:.

Anyway keep digging

Yep looks like the soil had a very low resistivity :D... ok I lapsed into boffin speak it was really corrosive.

A shame a serial number hadn't survived though.

Mind you that would start the whole argument again about restoration versus replica.......... :laugh:.

Anyway keep digging

Mike, I don't do the digging!!! there are limits to what my back can stand!! just having good contacts pays off I guess.

I hate replica's so that's a "no go" for me.

Cheers,

Lex

Edited by welbike