DVLA vehicle basic colours to cover the manufacturer’s description

DVLA basic colours to cover the manufacturer’s description

Hi I don’t know if this has been on the forum before but I have just tried to change the colour for my armoured car on my log book to SAND the DVLA as sent me a letter saying that quote (although the manufactures use a wide range of colours for their vehicles, we only use the basic colours to cover the manufacturers description.These basic colours are important for identification purposes and have been agreed with the manufacturers. A list of basic colours is shown over the page.) un quote

So if it is any help to anyone hear is the list of the colours. Cheers Bill

BEIGE. – BLACK. –BLUE. – BRONZE. – BROWN. – CREAM. – GREEN. – GREY. – GOLD. – MAROON. – MULTI/COLOURED.– ORANGE. – PINK. – PURPLE. – RED. – SILVER. – TURQUOISE. – WHITE. – YELLOW .

• 7 years later...

I once had a B.L. Princess painted in a lurid pinky purple, when I had its number plates stolen the police asked the colour and I replied that it was Vile. 6 months later I was stopped by the police one night and among the questions they was "what colour is this vehicle?" when I replied Vile the 2 coppers burst out laughing. As the police national computer had VILE as the colour.

Admittedly this was over 20 years ago, either the person who entered the colour on the PNC either had a sense of humour or was rather dim.