New OT-90 purchase

its a toggle switch so i dont think it will open/close a vent? it does not seem to do anything but it is connected into the wiring loom at back of the dash, and the manual does not mention it!.

Let me know what you think?

Btw does your ot-90 use alot of fuel? as mine after running it for 10 mins or so on tick over does about one inch on the centre fuel tank viewing tube:wow:

Cheers Nick.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It starts pretty much after 3 cranks on the button, checked the fuel tube today and its gone down some more and i havnt started it since the last time i looked :shocked: wtf is going on ?? all i can think of is its balancing between the 3 tanks, but it seems a bit random and it takes several days to do it !

i also dipped the rear tanks the other day and it seems to be the same level as the first time i checked!?

cant smell any fuel leaks.....

will have to investigate some more i suppose?

the book says they burn 28-38 lts per hour but it only ran on tick over for 15 mins max and the fuel tube went down by 30 mm and now over two days later its gone down another 25 mm approx...

Edited by ot-90

It starts pretty much after 3 cranks on the button, checked the fuel tube today and its gone down some more and i havnt started it since the last time i looked :shocked: wtf is going on ?? all i can think of is its balancing between the 3 tanks, but it seems a bit random and it takes several days to do it !

i also dipped the rear tanks the other day and it seems to be the same level as the first time i checked!?

cant smell any fuel leaks.....

will have to investigate some more i suppose?

the book says they burn 28-38 lts per hour but it only ran on tick over for 15 mins max and the fuel tube went down by 30 mm and now over two days later its gone down another 25 mm approx...

if you cannot smell the diesel and it is definitely going down then you may have a leaking injector......we had one drain out into the cylinder head and then slowly fill the sump with diesel...when we came to start the engine it would not turn over because of the fuel in the head...easy enough fix.

Checked the depth of rear fuel tanks by dipping them both and found they had increased by approx 20 mm..so i did some more in depth tests today and found that the balancing atmospheric valve must have stuck in the rear tanks as i marked the internal fuel tank sight glass and ran her for 25 mins without moving it and it used about 5 mm of fuel :-D so all is good in the fuel usage department, also checked how clean the engine burns diesel and that is fine also... what a relief!

also managed to get the engine pre heater working today ! wow what a stink that makes

:nut: my mother in law thought it had caught fire .. :D

Park it anywhere near loose straw and it will be the farm that catches fire!! :shocked:

Have you seen what comes out of that vent just under the turret floor?? :cool2: :cool2:

yea dont worry Neil i did light the burner outside the building and lots of unburnt smoke and sparks came from belly vent as it had not been fired up for a long time.. after 10 mins it burned nicely without smoke etc :-)

Trying to fix one of the extension leads for the internal comms now as it dont work, plus if any one has a spare one they want to sell please let me know?

The 3 helmets i ordered have arrived and work well!

still dont know what the red marked switch does??

ot-90 dash.jpg

Cheers

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

no m8 its the drivers nvg/ periscope extension for when wake guard is up when swimming. if you look under/next to nbc switch unit you should have a lead fixed to hull that goes to green box to the right of nbc box, the lead is screwed into a small mount which then screws into drivers nvg unit which clips onto the centre viewing block.

no m8 its the drivers nvg/ periscope extension for when wake guard is up when swimming. if you look under/next to nbc switch unit you should have a lead fixed to hull that goes to green box to the right of nbc box, the lead is screwed into a small mount which then screws into drivers nvg unit which clips onto the centre viewing block.

Will have a look next time I'm over there :-) Never seen that one before, only the foul weather hood (rocking horse droppings spring to mind :-)) for the drivers hatch when running open.....

yes its our field.. well mother inlaws, planning on doing 'track day's so the public can drive it for a fee.. this idea she likes:shocked:... and the idea of contributions for the land use to drive the ot-90 on helped :cool2:

so if any one fancies learning to drive an ot-90/bmp-1 ifv tank? this can be arranged !!

Nick

does your plan to let the public drive need planning permission ?. also need to check with the owner, if they receive payments from defra it wont be allowed. not good farming practice you see, sorry to bring this up, but better now than a court appearance later.

Nick and James...finally got to drive her today !!

Now you've tried it - driving anything else will never be the same :-) Oddly enough - fitting the track pads from the -2 series reduces the amount of ground "damage" so perhaps worth thinking on.

Definitely jealous of the KVPT in the turret :-) Lucky devils!! :-)

Now you've tried it - driving anything else will never be the same :-) Oddly enough - fitting the track pads from the -2 series reduces the amount of ground "damage" so perhaps worth thinking on.

Definitely jealous of the KVPT in the turret :-) Lucky devils!! :-)

pads may happen at some point in the future depends on costs..still waiting for a price.

i coudnt fit the full kpvt as ours is an aero type not vehicle and its reciever is a little larger than std one :embarrassed: so just fitted the outer shroud instead, full pkt is fitted though !