Folding canvas buckets

I'm wondering about bidding on this.

eBay item 110154910134

Would it be the same as wartime ? I've never actually seen one dangling from a WD motorcycle but the seller says they often were suspended from vehicles so maybe I just haven't looked hard enough :tongue:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting to see that he says:

"This is a genuine WD issue collapsible canvas bucket.The ideal accessory for your Land Rover , FV , AFV , Armoured car or similar.These can be seen in use in period photographs , usually hanging from the tow hitch."

My response would be "Where, show me a picture".

It appears to be a 1960's British bucket, but I think that there might be a practical issue of hanging it off a motorcycle. I think anything hanging from a motorcycle will make you a little unsteady and if it snags on something it might be very nasty indeed.

Best left to go on something else

Tim (too)

Its not just limited to that side of the Pond , seems the Water Bucket craze has Gone world wide , with the same seperation of those who hang or strap a bucket to their HMV and those who claim never to have owned one !One can only hope the maddness will end or the craze will burn its selfout quickly So we might move on to some more important item, Like How many Jerry Cars can you mount on to the outside of your HMV ??? or how many Water jerry cans are the proper number to carry for each hmv?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thread bumped as requested... I've repaired photo links where possible but some seemed to have either either been moved, renamed or deleted form members photohost accounts which breaks the link..

Edited by Marmite!!

Ahhh. I love this thread. A pity a lot of the pictures have gone though. A lot of names have dropped off as well. Was it really nearly five years ago that i strated this one? How time has flown by.

Somebody must have some evidence now to disprove my theory that the British Army never hung buckets from tow hooks unless they were trying to make a new and special friend.