Beltring...the armored way...

Jeroen Sleijpen

Hi Jeroen

How did you attach the photo's?

You can't "Attach" photos in this forum, only add links to pictures on your own or other webspace.

For example, this picture logo_phpBB.gif is posted using the address where it is posted, ie -http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif

If you have your own webspace, you can right click on the image, go to properties, and it will tell you the address. Paste the address into the text window when you post replies, and simply add  before the hyperlink and after the link.

Steve

PS Very nice pictures Jeroen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great photo of the M3 Grant. This winter we are hoping to fit a 37mm gun into the turret, fully fix the hull roof in place, fit a prop-shaft guard, change the clutch release springs for more user-friendly ones, mend the engine oil leak and provide proper access ramps or ladders for veterans to get in and out. We may also fit a basket under the turret hatch to enable people to ride safely in the turret. The correct aircleaners may also be obtained and ftted if time permits.

Thanks for the great photo of the M3 Grant. This winter we are hoping to fit a 37mm gun into the turret, fully fix the hull roof in place, fit a prop-shaft guard, change the clutch release springs for more user-friendly ones, mend the engine oil leak and provide proper access ramps or ladders for veterans to get in and out. We may also fit a basket under the turret hatch to enable people to ride safely in the turret. The correct aircleaners may also be obtained and ftted if time permits.

Hi John.

..........am I right in thinking that this great piece of history is yours? If so, it would be wonderful to hear some more about it! 8)

Best wishes.

Jack.

Thanks for showing us this nice piece of history John!! I realy liked it.... Keep us informed about the progress you are making!

Jeroen

Thanks for your messages of support. I have been repairing the M3 Grant with Carl Brown of C&C Military Services sharing costs equally. I hope to get the tank back to Beltring next year wih better mobility and able to carry more people inside. Please note that the Cadmans kindly provided the hull 75mm gun and transported it to the show.

Carl and I often wonder why we repaired and recovered the tank, but with such a history we felt it could not be left there to inevitably suffer scrapping. It may be a moble colander, but all the holes were caused by German hand-held weapons and it now is the oldest American running medium tank that we know of.

Thanks

John

Guest shane taylor

Fantastic work John. Really good to have you aboard. I read in last months MMI about the tanks that are left on our ranges, I look at the way the National Lottery funds projects (with some of them being a wastes of time) and always think about how we could save these forgotten pieces of history.

Keep us posted and keep us up the good work.

Shane.