GPMG and Rarden Cannon Wanted

Fox Bradley

I am looking for a 30mm Rarden cannon and a GPMG to finish off a CVR(W) Fox that I have restored.

Ideally I would like to get hold of.

A Complete Deactivated Rarden.

or. A deactivated breech assembly

or. A replica breech assembly. ( apparently some were made by apprentices )

or. Any external breech casing parts that I can use to make my own dummy breech assembly.

As far as a GPMG. The Deactivated ones are too much money now, considering that most of it will be hidden away in the turret. So I am looking for a good metal Replica or even a rough old De-act that I could make good.

Thanks. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreicated.

Bob

Edited by Fox Bradley

Bob

Chris (sirhc) was doing the barrel troughs...then you just need a bit of gas pipe and a flash hider...not sure what benefit you get from a replica breech, just takes up room in the turret?

I recently bought a replica gpmg to go on top of my spartan from military muckabouts (theyre on milweb). It is quite rough and ready from close up but fine from a distance and just over £300 all in so about one tenth the price of a deac and very quick turnaround. £2k seems hugely optimistic for a deac based on what ive seen! I think xfire still do them as well, a little more expensive...

Cheers

Timbo

Bob

Chris (sirhc) was doing the barrel troughs...then you just need a bit of gas pipe and a flash hider...not sure what benefit you get from a replica breech, just takes up room in the turret?

I recently bought a replica gpmg to go on top of my spartan from military muckabouts (theyre on milweb). It is quite rough and ready from close up but fine from a distance and just over £300 all in so about one tenth the price of a deac and very quick turnaround. £2k seems hugely optimistic for a deac based on what ive seen! I think xfire still do them as well, a little more expensive...

Cheers

Timbo

Hi Timbo.

Thanks for the reply.

I already have a barrel and trough so it looks pretty good from the outside. I want to put a Breech assembly into the turret so that it looks right from the inside as well, I don’t really want a big hole in the back of the mantlet.

I have been talking to Military Muckabouts for a couple of months. As they are a long way from me I was trying to get them to e-mail me a couple of decent photos of there GPMGs before I buy one. They seem very reluctant to do this and the Video they point me to on there web site is very poor quality. I had the feeling they would not be that good so decided not to buy.

If you could post a couple of good photos on here it may help.

thanks again.

Bob