Hi from Milton Keynes

RE350WD/CO

Hi All

Though I joined the forum some time ago, I didn't do the Intro bit. I've been interested in Military Vehicles since a kid, mainly influenced by trips to Duxford and other shows with my Dad and Brother. Following my dads passing away in 2006 we inherited his 1942 Royal Enfield WD/CO 350, amongst a couple of other bikes. This was fully restored by my dad from a Basket Case but laid up in 2000 due to his failing health and lack of funds. I had a brief outing on it in 2010 at the Duxford MV Show and am just about to get it back on the road to catch the final few shows this season.

As you can see, he made some mods to make it more comforatble to ride and had to fabricate some parts himself such as the battery carrier, mudguard stays etc. One thing I would be interested to know would be a value for Insurance Purposes - as you might imagine its not For Sale due to sentimental value. (I am guessing about £4k but guidance much appreciated).

All the best.

Enfield 2.jpg

Hi Rick

I was there this weekend (on the Saturday), sadly the bike was still with the guy who's been relining the tank. I hope to pick it up this Saturday in time for the Transport Day on 16th Sept. Was your's one of the two Jeeps there on Saturday? Did you see the Mick Wilson GMC? I am friends with the guy on the Right, Dave Phillips. Hopefully I'll have the Enfield out for next year, I think that event will go from strength to strength. I can't make Stoke Bruene as I am in Croatia that weekend but do let me know of any other events in the locality. I am also considering getting into Re-enacting with it, so if you know of any good sources of Battledress esp, Despatch Riders gear, I'd be grateful.

Regards

Vince

gmc.jpg

mkm.jpg

What a great example, and something to aspire to (perhaps - money and time permitting :D). Can I ask where you have managed to acquire all the re-enactors equipment?

Thanks for the note ref. insurance value. I used Carole Nash last time, any other brokers to consider esp from a MV perspective?

What a great example, and something to aspire to (perhaps - money and time permitting :D). Can I ask where you have managed to acquire all the re-enactors equipment?

Thanks for the note ref. insurance value. I used Carole Nash last time, any other brokers to consider esp from a MV perspective?

I have been collecting stuff for the last 35 years, but you will be able to get anything that you might require from SOLDIER OF FORTUNE. You will find them on the net. I have several motorcycles including a 1943 Harley Davidson......... but my favourite bike is the R.E. 350cc WD. CO. Very reliable, starts no trouble and the gearbox is a dream.